Repeat procedure.

Could you pm me the details on building this blow thru carb setup? I always thought the serpentine setup was needed to run the newer setup but apparently not, just won't have a/c. As far as the carb goes, is this something that can be built or does it have to be specifically for blow thru and boost reference. I'm confused on a few things. Reason I ask about this is because I'm trying to get my little cousin a regal or other gbody and build this setup. Have you got the intercooler piped in? I'd say it's safe to say an electric fuel pump and a regulator is needed with this cause I don't see a mechanical pump keeping up with the power for very long

Where you been hiding Adam? There's another guy asking about blow through and he could use some help with it. Got the car running yet?

It's running but I never went back over it yet. waiting on a little extra cash for some fuel and I've been swamped with side work and such.

Glad you liked the avatar. I designed that 11 years ago and had a bunch of vinyl stickers made and shirt's and a big vinyl sticker in the back window of my Riviera.
NAILHEAD!

You ought to try and sell some of those stickers Adam. Take a few to Buick meets and see if there's any interest.

Perhaps Charlie, for now I like the charm of them not being circulated.
Still haven't driven the car yet. I'm going to get a little bit more money together and get some more good fuel and finish setting this car up so I can get some real coolant in the block and I'll probably pull the carb back off again and change the float adjuster gaskets and put in a new boost referenced power valve that I've been wanting ever since I've driven the car, The dyno is supposed to be coming back to Fairmont in towards the end of October I want to go, All in good time though my #1 goal is accomplished for the moment, getting the car mobile again so it isn't sitting around in my garage or drive way dead waiting for me to quit working on other peoples stuff.

Use the Dexcool when you add the coolant Adam. It won't hurt the bearings if you blow a gasket. No silica to eat up your bearings. Get some sort of vid of the car running for the rest of to oogle, will ya? I'm waiting for some results.

Thanks Charlie. I'm finishing a job this week I'll hope there is enough petty cash left over. I'll get a video up for sure.

I've driven the car a few times and had to bring it back in my garage and re tune the carb again, It's amazing how a block that's in a little bit better shape and has a little more cranking compression can throw your carb tune off completely. I still need to get my BRPV built and install it. And I have to change my accel pump cams again. Right now the car rips with the current tune, 11.5AFR @ WOT and 20psi/ 12.5AFR @ part throttle cruise and 12psi. The best part for me is I never need to open up the secondaries, The car has so much torque and pulls like a freight train with 12psi @ part throttle. Any stabbing into the secondaries results in a momentary loss of traction until the boost settles @ 19-20psi and the tires catch up. Might as well call it a Diesel running gasoline. The engine has a 2500rpm powerband 2000-4500rpm. I soo need a 4 speed someday with the 3.42's in the rear.

I've driven the car a few times and had to bring it back in my garage and re tune the carb again, It's amazing how a block that's in a little bit better shape and has a little more cranking compression can throw your carb tune off completely. I still need to get my BRPV built and install it. And I have to change my accel pump cams again. Right now the car rips with the current tune, 11.5AFR @ WOT and 20psi/ 12.5AFR @ part throttle cruise and 12psi. The best part for me is I never need to open up the secondaries, The car has so much torque and pulls like a freight train with 12psi @ part throttle. Any stabbing into the secondaries results in a momentary loss of traction until the boost settles @ 19-20psi and the tires catch up. Might as well call it a Diesel running gasoline. The engine has a 2500rpm powerband 2000-4500rpm. I soo need a 4 speed someday with the 3.42's in the rear.

Glad to see you back Adam. If you need the help I can give you a few tips on the traction problem. There's a few dirty tricks I have up my sleeve I can pass on to you.:eek::biggrin: Looks so stock no one will even notice.:smile:

I'll need some traction tips for sure sometime Charlie.

Warning: all my video's are from a digital camera with a video option so you know how the it's going to look.

Ok so here is a video of the engine running with the timing light beaming the marks, showing the RPM dependent ignition timing retard. Little hard too see but you can focus on the balancer 0* white line just the right of that is the plastic pointer with the degree marks on it.

OK and This is an awesome video of me stalling the Regal out first, lol then attempting the best launch I can with a stock low stalling converter thru 1st and 2nd gears. WOT shifts @ 4200rpm's full auto
low timing to be "safe" 18* to start and it stops at 10* after 3500rpm's
20 psi boost@WOT
93 octane
cut out closed
It's dark so...The video legend is: middle bottom wideband A/F controller with digital readout directly to the right of that oil pressure. Above the Wideband is the Tach "duh" lol the tach pointer is pointing @ 5000rpm so you know where the needle is. lol Far left is the speedo watch me bury it in the last video.the boost gauge is on the pillar and out of sight (bummer) but I got to watch it, haha

This Video is a 1st thru 3rd gear pull from a 10mph roll part throttle 12psi boost. Short Shifting 3800rpm's for 1stgear 3200rpm's for 2nd and pulled 3rd to 3000rpm's Same timing as before. Cut out still closed, But lots more traction this time. THEN the camera took one for the team.

If you're handy with a welder or have a friend that is send me an email Adam. I'll give you a couple of cheap tricks to make it hook better.

If you're handy with a welder or have a friend that is send me an email Adam. I'll give you a couple of cheap tricks to make it hook better.

cheap tricks?

fat girl in the back seat?

LOL

Looks wicked bitchen Adam.... im soooooo jealous of the progress you make!

A.j.

It's fun A.j. It's still a long ways away from where I want it but at least it's not dead sitting at my house anymore. Two fat chicks in the back for traction!!

LOL You need 2 100 lbs bags of sand in the back. Put one in the wheel well where the spare tire goes and one in the center Adam. You'll be suprised how well it'll work to add traction.

No can do on that location. my EX-spare tire location is home to my NX 10lbs nitrous bottle and controller.

No can do on that location. my EX-spare tire location is home to my NX 10lbs nitrous bottle and controller.

Do yourself a favor Adam and put the tank above the axle. It's a much safer location and will help you get a shorter line for better power. I'll PM you some info so you get a better idea of what I'm talking about for the rear.:biggrin: