Repeat procedure.

I`m one cheap mofo:biggrin: I wont attempt that till I pull the engine out again. Thermo paint is HARD to get it to spray on and work right. I tried to do a test panel and it looked like s**t... didn't even change color, I think I added too-many coats or did something wrong:mad:

Alright now children!! no more Hijacking.
Keeping this on track myself:
Charlie and A.j. This is the electronic ignition system I'm considering using on my V6.
HPIM0724.jpg

HPIM0723.jpg

HPIM0726.jpg

HPIM0727.jpg

Still have Comp springs to install on this engine block. I'm still running with original 125K+ miles valve springs for the moment and winter. Ever since Charlie sent me the e-mail about the trans adaptor the: '97 l67 3800 Series 2 and tremec t5 manual trans have been looking brighter everytime I walk in the garage. It's complete minus an ecu, I don't have anymore chassis for these engines.

Alright now children!! no more Hijacking.
Keeping this on track myself:
Charlie and A.j. This is the electronic ignition system I'm considering using on my V6.

I need to send you a PM about how to post pics Adam. Photobucket sucks on the sight.:biggrin: Looks like an older unit but about the same as the MSD 6BTM. I hope it works right but keep us informed.

those is very interesting electronics....

they might have seen better days though.... have you tried the boost controler yet Adam?

A.j.

lol Yeah they do look bad but that's what happens when this stuff was mounted in the engine compartment of a ford f250 4x4with a 460 and a supercharger that was off the road a lot. I've seen everything work except the boost/timing controller. This all came out of my friends truck and I got it all for free. All this stuff is pretty new meaning, less than 10 years old. The boost controller is the only thing that seems tricky to connect.

Ohh reason I got it for nothing is the truck broke down on his way to work and he had it towed to the dealership where he bought it and they said the ignition is toast so they went with the OEM ignition and removed all of this stuff. When I got to my friends house and checked everything out they took offthe truck, the inline fuse for the ignition computer was blown. Dummies didn't even check it they just removed it all. so I did put a new fuse in and check it and it works.

Is there a cheaper EFI like those ones in the links? I like the idea, but that`s a lot of F`n money:eek: I`v been looking for a way to adjust the amount or fuel flow from inside the car, so that if I wanted to save gas or if I wanted to race, I could adjust the fuel flow... but I don`t know the first thing about fuel systems, I try to stay away from things that go BOOM:biggrin:

Is there a cheaper EFI like those ones in the links? I like the idea, but that`s a lot of F`n money:eek: I`v been looking for a way to adjust the amount or fuel flow from inside the car, so that if I wanted to save gas or if I wanted to race, I could adjust the fuel flow... but I don`t know the first thing about fuel systems, I try to stay away from things that go BOOM:biggrin:

unfortunatly, neither of those TBI based systems will work with any kind of boost. they are not calibrated to see anything above 1 bar in the MAP and ECM.

I wouldnt try to use it to replace your quadrajet on a carbed turbo system either. it lacks the boost refrencing needed for correct enrichment during a rise in boost.

:biggrin:A.j.

unfortunatly, neither of those TBI based systems will work with any kind of boost. they are not calibrated to see anything above 1 bar in the MAP and ECM.

I wouldnt try to use it to replace your quadrajet on a carbed turbo system either. it lacks the boost refrencing needed for correct enrichment during a rise in boost.

:biggrin:A.j.

Ahh... was afraid of that. My friend had a system he put in his BMW, that could be controlled in the car, but it was stock(non turbo) and that got me thinking... sometimes I think too-much:biggrin: Nicely worded by the way, understood it perfectly clear:biggrin:

Adam, with a blow-thru setup, how do you deal with the power brakes?
Looks like a vacuum storage can in the pic... Is that plumbed to the carb or before the turbo inlet? will the stock type check valve hold up okay?
Thanks!

I have stock power brakes, No vacuum reservoir. I still have the check valve on the brake booster and then it is connected to a port on the throttle body plate on my Demon carb that is shared with my boost gauge feed, it's straight manifold vacuum and the brakes work great but not under boost, but then again you are never braking under boost anyways. What you see in the pictures Walt is a high volume catch can/breather that keeps stray oil undercontrol. It's 3/4" line plumbed into the old pcv port on the intake manifold and with the breather port on the oil fill tube those both are just "Y"ed into a 3/4" line then connected to the catch can.

Thanks. I won't need to worry about losing my brakes then!
Maybe there is a way to add a reservoir or have two vacuum sources...one at the carb and one at the turbo inlet for vacuum at boost. I'll have to play around with that when the time comes.

You mentioned fuel systems... would a FI fuel tank with integral pump work well?
Any idea if a 84-up tank would fit in a 79?

My plan for now is to rebuild the 84 short block and put the new draw-thru turbo I have on it. Later, I'd like to convert to a blow-thru for more power.:cool:

Yes the tank will fit. I don't think they ever changed the frame or tank much since a 78 frame will fit under an 87 body. If you use the factory SFI gas tank then you'll need to cut the pressure down enough to use it. You'd be better off using an SFI tank with an NA sending unit and putting a pump on the frame. The SFI tank has a baffle in it to prevent fuel starvation at speed. Then use a regulator to cut the pressure down to where you can use it, but you'll also need to re-route the left over fuel back to the tank.

Another option that may be a little cost saving could be to get a tank and hanger from a junk 4.3 monte. Cheap, and all you'd have to do is run a keyed power source to it with a relay:cool: