Repeat procedure.

WarWagon

Caustic Cacophony
Here are the first few shots of many to come while I get this block prepped to accept all my hardware. This is '85 GN/t-type 3.8 SFI hot air turbo block.

HPIM0594.jpg

HPIM0595.jpg

Bent pushrod
HPIM0596.jpg

Plans are to do all of the same mods that I did to my '83 t-type block. and I'm adding a new rear main seal, timing cover and oil pan gasket. So this is my second block to get my stage 2 setup.

It should run the same as the engine in my car now, if not better than it then. It's got to have less ABUSE on it than I put on my '83 block lol

The cast number is on the bottom drivers side .The reason why i asked is becouse i have a same year block.Im scepticle about it even being a turbo block allthough it does have all the parts of a 84/85 hot air block.

Lol charlie im still a sceptic;)

Yep thanks for the lilttle reminder lol, The casting number in my block is 2552140

Last edited:
Getting my thread back on track, Updates!!!
the Block in cleaned ready for dismantling:
HPIM0597.jpg

HPIM0598.jpg

HPIM0600.jpg

Carnage!
a badly wiped camshaft:
HPIM0604.jpg

HPIM0605.jpg

HPIM0606.jpg

HPIM0607.jpg

HPIM0608.jpg

Lifters:
HPIM0613.jpg

HPIM0612.jpg

HPIM0611.jpg

cam buton going to town on timing cover:
HPIM0615.jpg

Pushrod:
HPIM0617.jpg

Where'd you come up with the Shiefer aluminum flywheel and what's it for? You gonna sell the cam sensor Adam? Pm me about it.

It looks like it's neutral balanced. You might want to see if it fits either of the engines.

I figured out why we can't post feed back for each other. We did it as a private swap so we have to have some sort of thread reference to leave feedback.:frown:

That aluminum flywheel is bigger than my whole 3.8 flexplate ring gear included. it fits the bolt configuration on my 455 (duh) but the hub in the middle is HUGE it's not touching anything. so I dunno what it's really for, and it don't have a whole lot of part numbers on it.

Oh yeah Charlie I forgot This is the 4th balancer assembly that just slid right off the crank snout with my hands easy. And I'm pretty sure like 100% that GM was the last to put it there. The front cover had never been off before.

That aluminum flywheel is bigger than my whole 3.8 flexplate ring gear included. it fits the bolt configuration on my 455 (duh) but the hub in the middle is HUGE it's not touching anything. so I dunno what it's really for, and it don't have a whole lot of part numbers on it.

It's not for a Buick then. It would be nice if it was but...:frown:

Oh yeah Charlie I forgot This is the 4th balancer assembly that just slid right off the crank snout with my hands easy. And I'm pretty sure like 100% that GM was the last to put it there. The front cover had never been off before.

That seems to be normal from what everyone has said. All of the ones I've taken off I had to use a puller to get off. If the balancer has the ring on it I'd be interested in it to when you decide to get rid of it.:biggrin: