Repeat procedure.

Thanks Charlie, There is a lot of blue under the hood so I keep on with it. I have to clean the covers one more time and I might do the ribs on the covers in that blue after they are cleaned one more time.

You need a sand blaster to get rid of the surface crap. It really makes a difference when you start painting things. I even did a set of chrome covers for work and the paint stuck great and the covers looked really nice.

Oil drainback and feed and pressure lines finalized:
HPIM0674.jpg

I'm sure the dip stick is wrong for my '85 block, of course it might be right.
My stick has a part number of 25522646, I have 3 diffferent dip sticks and tubes and all of them are different lengths. '83, '84 4.1 and now this '85

The pans are all the same so you should be able to pick which one you want to use.

BTW, I found a way for us to give each other good feedback on the trade we did. I'll send you a note about it later. I saved the thread so it can be used later.

I just stuck my '83 dipstick and tube in this block. Ok the Regal lives again I fired up the '85 block for the first time in this car. sounds good rund good, have to adjust ignition timing and detent kickdown cable.

I need something now. the oil filler/breather tube is missing the bushing seal on the bottom and I have nothing that fits the valve cover. So I either need another fill tube, bushing seal or another idea to cover that hole up and still be able to put oil in it.

You can use a thick o ring on the tube to seal it Adam. Read about this on the board but don't remember the thread. Make sure it's tight fitting when you pop it on and it should seal fine

No problem Charlie.
I can't wait until I get some money or a quick side job so I can buy some more fuel for the Regal and get a video. I Love WV 93 with ethanol. I have E85 10 miles from my house but no E85 tune on a carb.

Well the AC job I was doing turned into a $500 job because the idiots that did it first stripped the evap line. It looks like I'll be taking payments to get the work though. At least it's extra money. Now to buy more parts. LOL