Repeat procedure.

Well.. I'm forced to use this 20 bolt oil pan with the drain back plumbing in it AND the timing cover. This is my first 20 bolt oil pan block with the weird arrow head timing cover which I just can't clean up and roll with because of the damage the cam button did, GREAT! now I have to fix this one. setbacks setbacks.

Got the crank loose from the rods pushed them all the way down in the bore and removed the crank and cleaned the old rear main seal groove and prepped the rear main cap, then reassemble, now I'll pull the engine out of the regal and do a cam and timing set swap and button this engine back up.
HPIM0621.jpg

HPIM0623.jpg

I really don't have to remove much of anything to get the engine out. It was a little trickier to get the engine out this time, I've loaned out my cherry picker and someone has loaned me theirs so I could get this done faster and not wait on my tools to be returned. This new one has a bit shorter reach than mine and it just almost didn't do the job.

Yes import knockoff's, They are the first batch that was produced and are VERY nice, they also used to look VERY nice but not anymore. I'd buy them again they are built well and I have had no cracks or issues otherwise.

Here is the '83 block ready to give up it's camshaft, lifters, timing set, rocker arms and push rods:
HPIM0628.jpg

Here is the '83 block ready to give up it's camshaft, lifters, timing set, rocker arms and push rods:
HPIM0628.jpg

Thanks A.j.
lol that isn't even engine paint, that is rust-o-leum rattle bomb metallic cobalt blue. It's alright but when you run the engine and the paint gets baked on the heads it looks pretty cool.

No engine updates tonight "Wednesday" got home too late and had too much company to get any work done in the garage. I did get stuff done at work though. I cleaned the timing cover and installed a new once piece crank seal. I had to modify the font cover where the cam button rides it was worn down to much along with the button. Pics of it up tomorrow.

Nope. Purple power, Westley's Bleche Wite and brake clean. I didn't even take the heads off lol, It's still the factory steel shim gaskets, should be good for 20psi and a 100shot with my tune.

Nope. Purple power, Westley's Bleche Wite and brake clean. I didn't even take the heads off lol, It's still the factory steel shim gaskets, should be good for 20psi and a 100shot with my tune.

I'll be waiting for the big boom when it goes off Adam.:biggrin: Just make sure everything else is good.

lol It will be fine Charlie. The rest of this block is in better shape than my old '83. If you only knew the abuse I put that '83 block through, Yikes.