OK Ford Vs. Buick Oct. 27th - Headsup Racing - Countdown Begins

Do we have any sort of estiment of how many Buicks are so far attending? Sadly, I know of 3 that have cancelled in my area. All 455s!

My dad and I made reservations there as well and should be in OK. sometime in the early evening on Friday for T&T at the track that night. We need to get my dad's GN dialed in better. He went to the local track last Friday and only got 3 clean passes with the new motor...he needs a bunch more dialing in to get it where it needs to be;) I'll be in my white Chevy 1 ton with the white enclosed trailer (KS. tags)...look me up at the motel or track.

I will look you up when we get there. This will be the first time to the track with my dad's car. New motor. Runs good on the street. We will see what it will do when we get to the track. My dad will be the around 5 Friday. I won't be getting in until about 9pm Friday.

See ya there, Chris

be nice if we could get those 47 9 second cars from the TSO leaders thread to come. Then I'd be a lawnchair driver.

Ive been saying this for years now. If we could get around 15 GS cars to come every year along with 20 or so FWD 3800 cars combined with our TRs, I dont see how we could lose. Also I think our car count would be a consistent 110 cars or higher. Why are the 3800 guys not showing up??? Have you seen some of the numbers those Intense racers are posting??? They have a 3800 series 2 firebird running 8s.

Hey guys! Been away from the Buick world for a minute. But this will be a good way to catch up. Haven't done a darn thing to the car since. Hope it still does the same thing.

Hey guys! Been away from the Buick world for a minute. But this will be a good way to catch up. Haven't done a darn thing to the car since. Hope it still does the same thing.

Awesome!!!!!!!! PM me your phone number. Can't wait to catch up with you. I have asked Phil about you a few times.

Jason

Any of you guys bringing any parts this year to sell? I MIGHT be looking for a few things this year to help with my rebuild. Doesn't look like I will be staying Friday night as much as I would like to, but I will be there Saturday for the race.

Jeff

looks like me calling you and buggin ya to make the Noble event paid off.. Look forward to hanging out with ya again John

The weatherman has chosen to smile on us this year. Low for Saturday will be 43, high is projected to be 67 and precipitation is projected at 0. North winds in the afternoon at 10 MPH and humidity in the 40 to 50%. :) :) :)

The OU/OSU game has been rescheduled for November 24th so the traffic in and around Norman should be decent.

Looking forward to this year's race and seeing a lot of people I missed last year.

Phil Engle

I will be there. Put me down for somewhere between 11.50 - 10.99
Anything faster will be a bonus. Looking forward to it.

Mike

you gonna be running my old engine??? Im going to be there watching since I no longer own a buick. I will be in the St. Louis Bllues jersey with the Iraqi Vet ball cap on

knock Em Down Guy's!! I'll Be Here Recovering And Praying We Beat There Arse This Year! I Sure Wish I Could Be There....

Scot W.

They kicked our butts plain & simple. Called it off when I was in the burnout box because a mustang hit the wall hard about 100ft out. There were only 6 races left & I think most of us didn't have very good odds. It was 50-ford to 37-buick I think. :eek:

Yeah we didn't do so well. The first 9 or 10 wins went to the Fords because their slow cars didn't have to run eliminations. Our first elimination car ran a 22 :eek: .

Once we got into the 13-11 second cars we dominated, but the oval boys brought a lot of 9-10 second cars and that killed us. I will bring mine next year if I have to pull it with a rope.

I have some not great pics that I will get up after I get em hosted. Nice to meet some of you guys out there! I had a great time! Wish I could have seen buzn, Bones, Peterson and the Opel run :(

Yep.. I will post more details later.

We need YOU 12-11 second cars.. That is what wins this event. The fast buick guys are there to do their part and push the ladder down.

Thanks for everyone that participated.

And shame on anyone that had a car in the parking lot that they didn't run. My cousin even tweaked on a Regal SC car and took a full 1/2 second off of it for the finals. He got beat by a powerstroked ford.. I think.