Buick versus Ford Event in Noble. Date of October 11, 2014, confirmed yesterday by the track.

Not that I'm going to the GS Nationals, would like too but not next year, I would say F vs B needs to be the opposite weekend so the Buicks can get some of those quicker cars in Noble. It was my first event with my Buick, David and his son made it much easier with some tire assistance, and Blake squashed my hopes... But I had Fun, and so did my brother.

I read that the GS Nats are on the 17th......so maybe the F vs B should be on the 24th

I read that the GS Nats are on the 17th......so maybe the F vs B should be on the 24th
Why not the 3rd of October? Weather should be a little warmer than the 24th but who knows, I drove home last Friday evening and it was 80 degrees and the next morning it was in the 20's.

2015 event will be either the 17th, or the 24th. NHRA race took our usual spot. And of course we have the GS Nats to deal with. Please post your thoughts.
Well my thoughts are changing the dates completely. I think 2 big Buick events in the same month is just too much for people to do. I want our faster cars to be able to do both events. When push comes
to shove our event will take a back seat to the #1Buick event of the year. Yeah it sucks they changed their dates but I don't see them changing back to May so why don't we go ahead and go to May. Last week in April at the earliest to late May but not memorial day weekend cause a lot of people have plans with families that weekend. May 3rd or May 10th would be my preference as KC2k15 will be on the 15th and 16th I believe, and would be hard to miss that event as I know others in this area feel the same. So I guess I am wondering if it would be possible to do April 25 -May 9th. These dates are good for weather unless it is raining of course.
Not sure if end of Sept. would be too close to GS Nationals. I think the 24th of Oct. is too close to Nationals. I am pretty flexible with dates but I want good racing weather and I want more cars to show up for team Buick. Seems simple enough to find one day in the year but ends up being difficult trying to work around weather and various events of the year. Might be too late to get a secured date this spring but I think maybe try for 2016. Just my 2 cents. What do you guys think?

I think plow raises a good point. May would be an oustanding alternative to a late October date, especially for the people that are attending the nats.

Fast86Gn (David) puts on the Texas Buick Nationals in late April early May, this might present an issue with what hes doing..

Why not the 3rd of October? Weather should be a little warmer than the 24th but who knows, I drove home last Friday evening and it was 80 degrees and the next morning it was in the 20's.
The 3rd sounds good to me

I'm totally down with May. That would spread out the months enough to where more people could make the race vs choosing either the Nats or Buick vs Ford!

9/19/15 is also open. Thoughts? 10/3 was taken by PRSA, 10/10 by NHRA, 17th is Bowling Green. This leaves the 24th, or as stated, Sept. 19th is open.

It looks like things are filling up for the year, you should set the date and let the individual work it out....you cant please everyone

Would love to hear from the faster cars because that is the reason why we should pick another month. Would 9-19-15 be spaced apart far enough for faster cars to do both events? I am down for it or any time in
Oct. I just want the 8 sec cars to show up so we can be competitive. And so true QwickStop, you can't please everyone. A date needs to be set in stone fast so we can have the event.

Blake, September 19, 2015 is a good choice and we should proceed with another sticky for this Team Event, Buick vs Ford Shootout. Same rules- count me in--