The 2015 Annual Buick versus Ford Shootout at Noble

The Mustang pro-stock should not even have been allowed. I think that is who J. Plog went up against. John hauls the mail with his TSM car, but would have needed to be in a TSO car to even push that dumb pro-stock 'Stang.

He wasnt the #1 ford tho..gotta do it when it counts! just saying!

hey jeremey its bones the car did pretty good it ran a best 8.38 at 168 but the 60ft were terrible we are going to retune I just put a new ams boost controller on it and did not have it dialed like I wanted I will have this car running in the 7s easy for next years event for everyone whinning you should be glad the event is still going on I would hate to see it go away I will admit it was all screwed up on pairing that was not right but I think we should introduce all the ls powered cars next year you have to remember all the fast buick guys are getting older and probabley cant travel anymore they were the pioneers of making them fast and they are going away one by one I have great respect for them and the neatest guys you will ever talk to maybe next year I wont be paired up to a prostock car mine is street legal with street tires and insurance card sitting in the pass seat not bad for a street car I will be going to this race forever it is the most fun I have ever had there good people and a good race track

You know we "Okie Racing" usually bring 4-10 cars for team ford and have even fielded a few for team buick. Alot of what I am reading is correct, but ya know for someone who's been coming to and looking forward to the shootout since about '06 I have seen a big change in the field. But take us for example. My first few years I was in a 14 second car...for a long time a 10 sec car was the fastest we had. Hell in 2009 I was thrilled running 12's. We have stepped our program up though...my 12 sec car is now flirting with 8's. My pops 12.50 car is flirting with 10's. 8 second falcon used to be a 10 sec car. Can't blame us for wanting to go faster as is the case with most of our team ford buddies. We still bring 11-13 sec cars with us. And bet your bottom dollar next year they will be faster...and the year after that and so on. I was hoping this date change this year would open up a lot of people's schedules and grow the field but it just didn't work out. Regardless of what rules change and who shows up it is still our favorite race to run and support and always will be as long as it's around. Thanks to all involved in keeping it alive!

Well I guess I didn't realize that you ford guys love this event as much as we do. It's nice of you guys to support us and with that said my friends and I will be back. I wish I would have got the ford guys name who came up to us after the race to shake hands. Super nice guy who really enjoys the rivalry. I've got mixed feelings about letting chevy ls cars in but maybe it would help. There's no guarantee that they would show and that would just add to our shame if we got slaughtered again. I think the answer is more fast Buicks somehow.

They are out there...just gotta find em and hook em in. And don't have to be 7 sec cars. I don't know the real numbers but in theory just a handful of those fast team buick cars seems like it would bump the rest of the field into a closer range. Yeah Ford may still have more 7-8 sec cars but that 10-12 sec field will be alot closer and maybe skewed the other way.

A few things that might help is if there were some gbodys vehicles invited plus more buicks that would should up since theres alot of lsx gbody that are fast that could help.Also having the event on a weekend where there was the state fair plus some football games on probably hurt with attendance of people watching and also people racing in the event.

hey jeremey its bones the car did pretty good it ran a best 8.38 at 168 but the 60ft were terrible we are going to retune I just put a new ams boost controller on it and did not have it dialed like I wanted I will have this car running in the 7s easy for next years event for everyone whinning you should be glad the event is still going on I would hate to see it go away I will admit it was all screwed up on pairing that was not right but I think we should introduce all the ls powered cars next year you have to remember all the fast buick guys are getting older and probabley cant travel anymore they were the pioneers of making them fast and they are going away one by one I have great respect for them and the neatest guys you will ever talk to maybe next year I wont be paired up to a prostock car mine is street legal with street tires and insurance card sitting in the pass seat not bad for a street car I will be going to this race forever it is the most fun I have ever had there good people and a good race track

Awesome Bones. Great to hear, I'd love to see it when u hit 7's. I was really wanting to be there, but I was on vacation two weeks before, and then had my daughters graduation. So I couldn't get work vier age for being on call 4 weekends in a row. Lol.
Look forward to seeing it run at a future event. Let me know if you bring it south, I'll meet up with you.

I do a have a couple of issues... The Ford vs Ford races or if we have more cars Buick vs Buick races, these should not count in the points. Whether they actually do or not I don't know but the announcer is saying they do and that is total BS!

And the change this year in time trials whats up with that? The early TnT runs didn't count for anything? We are now having qualifying runs to set the ladder after the initial TnT runs? When did this change? This was the first year that I know of and I heard nothing before the race that this was changing? Hello Blake?????

the announcer corrected himself later on saying that the runs both before and after lunch break counted. i too was initially confused by that as well

The announcer made the same mistake counting the Ford v. Ford races last year.

Heck he said I was staging when I was actually standing in the pits on my trailer! He corrected himself, but it about gave me a heart attack.

This is a great race! I hope we can keep it going, no matter what the results are.

Thanks for the friendly rivalries.
Thanks to all the out of town guys that came in.
Thanks to Blake for organizing again.

Matt

Matt ran his first 9 sec ET last Saturday by the way..... he and I have been friends , racing for years.

A few things that might help is if there were some gbodys vehicles invited plus more buicks that would should up since theres alot of lsx gbody that are fast that could help.Also having the event on a weekend where there was the state fair plus some football games on probably hurt with attendance of people watching and also people racing in the event.

Let me say I love this event and participated in it 4 years in a row back 10 years ago. This is a bigger problem than is being stated. October is full of other commitments. Keep in mind that you are doing this in Oklahoma and there are OU/OSU home games, state fair, etc. people spend a lot of money on these events and it makes people like me have to make a choice. Also being so close to BG makes people around the country have to make a choice. Most of us can't do it all. If you move it to a time of year where it doesn't conflict with major events then I believe it would be better attended.

Thanks for your time.

I actually thought it was better being the weekend before Bowling Green, we would just head straight there on Sunday and be a couple of days early.

Do any of you guys know how to get a buick vs ford shootout t-shirt if you missed out at the event?