Buick versus Ford Event in Noble. Date of October 11, 2014, confirmed yesterday by the track.

Whats the rule when it comes to whats powering the Buick, Olds, Pontiac or GMC?

Seems to be a gray area ever since Team Buick was expanded to all GM except Chebby? I'm all ears...

We have a local club member with a 1st Gen Pontiac Firebird but it is powered by a Ford 429, I had always assumed that would put him on the Ford side but who knows?

I had some issues this year (bad knock sensor it seems at this point in my testing) That held me back a bit. I say this every year but I really want to get at least 2 buicks up there next year. Ive done 3 but it was just too much to deal with especially when they are all within a second of each other. Id really rather see this even stay in October. This was the worst weather wise we have had and it was just a bit of drizzle. Ive always run my best times at Thunder Valley and would much prefer BG move to another date. Any way it was a fun event, I just need to not be paired up with the red Factory 5 cobra lol. He cleaned my clock this year. He beat me in the finals in 2010 as well but at least I had him ET and mph back then which eased the pain a bit. Heres a couple of vids.

Could I email the results to someone? I made it in excel, and this site won't let me post it in that format.

Thanks! As you can see... It seems like if the Buick team showed up with just about 5 more cars in the 10-11 second range, and about 5 in the 9-10 second range, the race would have been a very close call.

Changed to PDF
All I can do is go faster from here, first time running my car that is 99% stock on street tires. I had a blast at this event, I put close to 900 miles on it over the weekend of the shootout and didn't break anything & met a lot of awesome people. Looking forward to next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! As you can see... It seems like if the Buick team showed up with just about 5 more cars in the 10-11 second range, and about 5 in the 9-10 second range, the race would have been a very close call.

No doubt... Here is the break down by qualifying pass

Ford 1- 7 sec car Buick none
Ford 3- 8 sec cars Buick 1
Ford 16- 9 sec cars Buick 9
Ford 10- 10 sec cars Buick 10
Ford 9- 11 sec cars Buick 9
Ford 12- 12 sec cars Buick 22
Ford 4- 13 sec cars Buick 11
Ford 7- 14&up cars Buick 6

This is true, im doing what i can way down south to try and get a few guys to come with me next year

I will try again to get more people to come down from K.C. area. Looking forward to next year and hope we can get some of those 8 sec. Buicks to show up for next year.

FYI......I was in F526 (Ford Probe) qualified at 9.03. The results list has incorrect name. It's not Charley West. It's Larry Cleek.

2015 event will be either the 17th, or the 24th. NHRA race took our usual spot. And of course we have the GS Nats to deal with. Please post your thoughts.

Although my plan in 2015 was to do the F vs B and then head on over to the Kentucky for the GS Nats and back home to South TX....or i could do it the other way, the Nats first then the F vs B