Buick versus Ford Event in Noble. Date of October 11, 2014, confirmed yesterday by the track.

Quik Six

Team Ford versus Team Buick will be held October 11, 2014 and we want to put together a team that can compete with Team Ford and give our team a win in the event.

2014 Commitment List

AR JAMES KIDDY
AR UNNAMED
AR UNNAMED
AR UNNAMED
AR UNNAMED
AR UNNAMED
KS ADAM KARY
KS GSPARTS
KS KEVIN PLOWMAN #1
KS KEVIN PLOWMAN #2
KS LUKE SILKY
KS MARK SHACKLEFORD
KS MATT GORDON
KS MIKE FOSTER
KS RYAN BRANFORT #1
KS RYAN BRANFORT #2
KS TURBO BRIAN
NE JOHN PLOG
OH JOHN SCHMIDT
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK CLAY HOLLANDER
OK CHARLIE WEST
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DANIEL ASHLOCK
OK DAVID PHILLIPS
OK DICK WALKER #1
OK DICK WALKER #2
OK DICK WALKER #3
OK DOUG MILLIKEN
OK ERICH DAVIS #1
OK ERICH DAVIS #2
OK JERRY CHAMBERS #1
OK JERRY CHAMBERS #2
OK KATHY EMBERTON
OK KEN BEATTY
OK LEON BOELTE
OK LARRY EADS #1
OK LARRY EADS #2
OK MONTE HOLLINGSWORTH
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RANDY THOMPSON
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RON RUSSELL
OK RUSS GOODMAN
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TRAVIS HOOPER
OK TRAVIS HOOPER
OK WHITE RHINO
TX BLACK CLONE #1
TX BLACK CLONE #2
TX BOOSTN
TX BUD SMITH #1
TX BUD SMITH #2
TX CARL BRIMER
TX DANNY OVIEDO
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX GEOFF NEWTON
TX GOOD 2WIN22
TX JOHN B
TX JOHN B'S BROTHER
TX JOHN NGUYEN
TX MIKE DERDEN #1
TX MIKE FAULKNER
TX PHILIP MADDEN
TX TIM THOMPSON
TX TONY ROSSI
TX RICHARD CRICH
TX VICTOR SEGOVIA
TX CARLOS TRUJILLO
TX ROY TRUJILLO
TX WILL BARNES

Dick and I are working together to expand and improve our recruiting methodology.

Phil Engle

Last edited:
2014 Ford vs Buick is set!! 10/11/14. Gates open 8AM. Qualifying 9AM--2PM. Finals 4PM. Times subject to change. Entry fee will be as follows. 30/20/10 Racers $30, Spectators $20, children under 10...$10.

Last edited:
I plan to be back for this event as usual. I've enjoyed every one of these events since first attending in 2001. Hopefully I'll have my Buick finished by then; if not I'll plan to bring the STS-V instead.

Blake, to start this out with an understanding: There will be no LS Chevrolet on the Buick Team for the 2014 Shootout. We have more passionate competitors on the Buick Team that would like to help organize and bring a Team together to challenge your offerings. We will continue with the Rules that have been in place for some time. Dick Walker, OKBuicks

Team Ford versus Team Buick will be held in October 2014 and we want to put together a team that can compete with Team Ford and give our team a win in the event.

Commitment List for 2014

OK Dick Walker
OK Dick Walker
OK Dick Walker
OK Phil Engle
TX David Newton
TX Geoff Newton
TX Bud Smith

Dick and I will work together to expand and improve our recruiting methodology.

Phil Engle
I've read that list a couple of times and don't see my name! I'll be there and I'll be looking to receive another Top Ten Qualifier plaque from Mr. Dick Walker.
Dick Walker n Me Top 10 Award 2013.jpg

Add Luke Silkey and Kevin Plowman from KS. Kevin will bring 2 cars. Been on the phone all day with people from KS area and we will try to field more cars shortly.

I plan to be back for this event as usual. I've enjoyed every one of these events since first attending in 2001. Hopefully I'll have my Buick finished by then; if not I'll plan to bring the STS-V instead.

I'm sorry Carl, leave the caddy at home. I'm shaming you to be there with a single digit ride. You have an entire year to get ready and can't start with the excuses now.....

Phil, you can sign me up.... I will be there unless I break a crank before then, oh wait, I think I'll have a spare motor.

I went 12.14 this time....plans are mid to low 11 next go round, might even dip into the 10s if I get lucky, plan is to go with a converter, transbrake, pull the top end and do some porting and see what happens....I got myself and 2 others I gotta talk into coming with me...

Add Mike Foster and Mark Shackleford to the list. Both from KS. If any of you know of any GS guys that might be interested please spread the word over at V8 buick.com.

Blake, to start this out with an understanding: There will be no LS Chevrolet on the Buick Team for the 2014 Shootout. We have more passionate competitors on the Buick Team that would like to help organize and bring a Team together to challenge your offerings. We will continue with the Rules that have been in place for some time. Dick Walker, OKBuicks

Understood sir!

Add me and Clay Hollander as usual. I should have the buick fixed by then and Clay should have the GTO ready.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

well its bones here didnt have much luck this year a screwed up boost controller was only giving me 12lbs of boost about 600 horses i did turn on the 100 shot of nitrous to run that 8.95 for the win i love this race it is my favorite i will be back with this car lined out running full boar i am glad the raced occured this year and sounds like it is going to be going on forever i will keep coming as along as it it going the ford guys did an excellent job running the race i thought but im not too picky just like to race there it is my favorite track and seeing all the buick people there may all you people have good health and good riches good bye and godbless aka bones with the bad gray buick

I was wondering why it "only" ran an 8.9x. Geez. It's a rocket even on 12psi, but it came out of the hole like you were leaving a stoplight. That was the most awesome race to watch, and I got it on video Bones if you want to see it.