My goal...10's w/PT54 and unported heads

Best pass ever was 10.78 - at 128 mph with a 61 turbo so a 61 will go into the tens .havent been back in the tens yet low 11s all day .my 10 sec pass was with a buddys tru slicks and i run drag radials .drag radials kill 60 foot times .but working on tune to get DRs in the tens.

that 10.7@128 is about what to expect out of a 61. At least that is what I have seen on cars with heads and cam. I would usually see 10.8-10.90s out of those cars, with best times being 10.60s.

well i didnt mention that there was a 20 mph tailwind and about 55 degrees outside .so car was very fast .but i have hit 10s with a 61 .i was told i could get in the mid 10s with a 61 .but my 61 was tweaked by turbonetics so that will help some .hopefully can get to track this weekend trying diff tune set up .thanks for all the help guys

I went to the track tonight, this is what I did:

1.56 60'
7.2 @ 95 1/8
11.46 @ 117 1/4

30+psi no knock, 27.1 degrees of timing all the way down the track. O2's in the 730 range. I keep leaning out at the top end...even with 65 lb injectors. I looked at my volts going down the track, they were in the low 12's. Maybe a volt booster is in my future?
I think my current combo is maxed. I might try some bigger slicks and maybe a front mount when (and if) money becomes available next month.

KevinB said:

1.56 60'
7.2 @ 95 1/8
11.46 @ 117 1/4

30+psi no knock, 27.1 degrees of timing all the way down the track. O2's in the 730 range. I keep leaning out at the top end...even with 65 lb injectors. I looked at my volts going down the track, they were in the low 12's. Maybe a volt booster is in my future?
I think my current combo is maxed. I might try some bigger slicks and maybe a front mount when (and if) money becomes available next month.

Kevin do the 28 inch tires!

KevinB said:

1.56 60'
7.2 @ 95 1/8
11.46 @ 117 1/4

What was your rpm through the traps? Our 119mph pass last week with 26x11.5 ET Streets was 5300 with lock-up. We're planning another trip to the track with 28" tires to put the stock cam back in its power range of rpms.

K.

NCTURBOS said:
What was your rpm through the traps? Our 119mph pass last week with 26x11.5 ET Streets was 5300 with lock-up. We're planning another trip to the track with 28" tires to put the stock cam back in its power range of rpms.

K.
I will have to look at my direct scan files again, but I believe I was pulling like 5800 rpms through the traps. This is with a non/lockup 3100 9" converter.

I need some more suspension work. I do have Metco uppers and lowers with their sway bar, but I have lowering springs on the car. I am thinking of going with some stock springs or maybe some drag springs. I launched the car at 20 pounds of boost and the front of the car felt like it wanted to come up for a second, then it just spun the tires.

I will get the 28" tires next :D

Thanks

frank

kevin. i mailed you. a few times. i see how you are doing. keep in touch. frank.

spark plugs

to you guys going this fast and running high boost what spark plugs do you use and at what gap

thank you

I run NGK UR5's @ .030".

Scott (stangbanger) - Did you ever get your converter issues ironed out?

1KWIK6, my converter issues are better, but I wouldn't call them ironed out. I lock it at the line. It does OK running it like this. If I run it unlocked, or try locking it after the 2-3 shift, the car drops off dramatically. The converter is very inefficient when unlocked. The stall issue is the only thing I would call "fixed".

I use Autolites (forget the number but it's the colder plug) gapped at .32". When I used a .35" gap, it seemed to lose some top end at 30 psi.

thanks for all the great info

If we keep sticking together like this we will continue to make it hard for a turbo buick to be beaten

thanks for all the great info

KevinB said:
I will have to look at my direct scan files again, but I believe I was pulling like 5800 rpms through the traps. This is with a non/lockup 3100 9" converter.

I will get the 28" tires next :D

Thanks

IMHO, you are way out of the power range for the stock cam twisting it that high. That's probably why your mph is slightly on the slow side. 28" tires should be a huge difference in the top end pull for you.

FWIW, We were running AcDelco CR43-TS plugs on our pass. But I would prefer to run the CR42-TS with our higher boost levels.

K.

^^^Yeah, I pretty much figured that. My transmission builder is also going to help me lower the shift points. Right now it is shifting at 6000 RPMs. I know that the stock cam is done around 5000 or so. Hopefully I have this done by Friday and I will take another stab at it. The 28" tires may have to wait till next spring, I have spent enough money on this car this month ;)

hey my first g.n i run ngk ur 4s at 35 gap but i see other guy runs ur 5s poss hotter plug .i will find out .what the diff is between ur 4s and ur 5s .but ngk makes a hell of a plug .the only plug that stands up to all the methanol i use

hey 1qwik6 what is the diff between ur 4s and ur 5s ?? are 5s hotter plug ? because i have been running ur 4s for over a year now and have had no problems with them .all other plugs seem to foul after use methanol a few times but ngks stay good .and why only .30 gap??? i dont know just wanting to learn more about these cars thanks

UR4 is hotter than UR5, which is hotter than UR6. I run a "tight" .030" gap due to the higher boost levels that I run (28-33#). The tighter gap helps prevent misfires.

Hope that helps. :cool:

hey qwik6 thanks for the info .ill prob stays with ur4s if they are hotter. due to the methanol i run, but i will drop gap to .30 because i run 30 psi also .but i do like a hot plug for meth.but thanks again for the info