My goal...10's w/PT54 and unported heads

stangbanger thanks for the tip .thats the only way i could think of to use e-brake but wasnt sure .will definatly try that next time at track .i guess just a practice thing .but thanks keep all this info coming .i will put it to use .also nice run ncturbo .keep haulin a$$.thanks guys

JC Turbo said:
I was once in your shoes. All my friends said turn up the boost, lock the converter and tune it. Well I started to listen and I 've been working with the car and perfecting my driving. And my 3700# sled just went 11.59 last week. I'm hoping for some 11.40's here soon. Here is my combo.

unopened 69k motor. New valve springs, PT 51 turbo, 009's, LS1 MAF and translator, extender chip, Cas V4, 3" dp, precision 3200, 28" slicks

I ran this same combo except I had 50's and on BGF 275/60 drag radials and went 11.42 @ 116 mph. Car was around 3700 with me in it.

yeah 11.4s all im getting but i just took car for a spin .dropped timing to 25# upped boost to 32 psi turned methanol all the way up .was scared but nailed her anyway oh my god 32 psi is awesome no knock 02 mvs 784 ran great just got out on back road and hit the gas slung me back into the seat .awesome never felt that strong before .gotta go to track and try the e-brake launch .i see 10s in near future just hope she dont pop :eek: keep the advise coming guys its working . thanks for the help going to track this week :biggrin: will post times c-ya speedfreakv6

speedfreakv6

Drop the timing on back some more. That will ensure to keep detonation away. You can always work it back up once you've made a few passes and see what the car likes. I always start out with timing in the 21/19 range and a rich tune to begin with. Get the boost up where I want it then tune timing and take out fuel last. It takes a while and some passes to get things in order but you don't have to pick up your engine parts off the track.

well i took as much timing out as my chip will let me, have turbotweak .how else should i back timing off ?? at cam sensor or what ???yeah prob stupid question but have always just set timing 25# tdc with camsensor tool .should i have turbotweak burn me a low timing chip ???like i said thanks for all the info i will put it to use ...oh got in car again lastnite on the way home from work .opened her up and man shes running really good now .32 psi no knock..lovin it thanks again speedfreak

Hey Turbotweak wuz up .i guess i will be getting with you on a new chip .i guess i was going wrong way with tune .i dropped timing back as much as could w/chip and upped boost and man she came alive .what do you think eric?? would like your opinion .and thanks for all the help , turbotweak rocks :biggrin:

Eric Stage I said:
I'll have to change the chip or make a different chip for you with lower timing.

Regards,
Eric
hello Eric you can also put me in for one of those low timing chips

salvageV6 said:
I am pretty sure Fast Eddie said his combo was a 108 race chip he couldn't drive daily on the street with to get his fast times.

I remember asking him about it and he was very open with his combo. :)

Unless I got confused here. :p

You are confused :biggrin:
Back when Ed was running racegas his car was only running 11.7s with a stock turbo, bolted on julios alky kit and tweaked it with Eric Marshall and got it down to 11.64 here is the thread.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139594&highlight=ed+brewer

Bolted on a RJC bleeder valve went 11.37 here is that thread.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140195&highlight=ed+brewer

That car is simply amazing Ed is a super nice guy too, he wont hold back any info about his car and what he has done to accomplish it.

I have a copy of his chip for my 30#ers, my car is a second slower than his car,mine on radials, only on 20psi:biggrin:
Cant wait to bolt on Razors meth kit,slicks and RJC valve....

KevinB- did you ever make it to the track???
BW

Couldn't really find my question to him in either thread, musta got deleted by Nick "by accident" when he left. :p

Hence the reason it's not worth much going into that forum. :rolleyes:

I'm sure his car is very streetable without the slicks. :cool:

Eric makes a good chip these days. :)

I use one in my GN.

Gotta try one of his new adjustable ones someday. :cool:

reply to my 1st g.n im running 94 octane pump gas with alot of methanol .32 psi no knock .but have dual nozzle alky system .i wouldnt try that much boost without like salvage said c16 or alky system poss with 110 octane .trust me alky kits more than worth there money.oh yeah turbotweak chips rock love mine can adjust timing and wot fuel .Eric is the man well hope i helped

Couldnt agree with Bryan anymore...my car ran 11.34, 25psi, 1.55 60',93 oct./alky. Bolted on new Bigger turbo and went slower(best is 11.51, 1.59 60')
Tune is key!

I also have a built TTA roller motor that is really out of tune and will not hold a candle to the stock TTA as we speak. Proofs in the puddin........That one should fly tho when I get time to tune it out.

Lean is mean and rich=MPH in my case. No doubt Eric at turbotweak will be burning another chip for me.

Bo

Thanks Bo- Happy B-day again.
I had that magical ET with everything right and changed turbos went slower and temp was the same, same with boost.
Wished i could say, yeah i went x faster with 10 less psi of boost but that wasnt in my cards, i bolted on a 54 instead of the 44 and went slower.....wassup with that? Surely would have been easy to turn up my fuel pressure, it was at 32-35 with 50s on racegas.

As for the 61 turbo... :rolleyes: have yet to see anyones cars worth mentioning going faster on stock heads that is at least 1 second faster than average stock turbo car i work on in KC.

No offense. sorry
BW

I just went 11.15 @ 121mph / 1.64 60ft last week on a stock unopened motor. :cool:
All it took was a little nitrous. :D
With the juice turned on, boost was 27psi+ thru the traps.

It went 12.36 & 12.25 @ 112mph with 0 psi launch & 2.0 60ft's. Steady 20psi thru traps.

I've NEVER worked on a car before that was SO easy to find horsepower. It just amazes me at how well these cars respond to small improvements. :cool:

Here's my entire combo, pic of the motor, and pic of my timeslips...(Right lane every run)

Intake to oilpan is bone stock and untouched
Stock unopened trans
Stock converter
Stock 3.42 rear
TE62 turbo
MSD50's
RJC plate & mildly ported upper plenum
Adjustable FPR
Stock IC with Dutt neck
Homemade cold air kit from Home Depot
Homemade NOS system peiced together from my toolbox
factory headers and crossover pipe
Kirban 3" downpipe with ported stock elbow
ATR dual 2-1/2" stainless exhaust
AC Delco R42ts plugs gapped at .030"
Turbo Tweak race chip (burned for stock turbo = lean)
Body and chassis are untouched.
Pass side airbag at 8psi
Still has both factory swaybars & springs
275/50 MT ET drag radials at 15psi
S10 wheel cylinders

noskit.JPG

timeslipscecil.JPG

yullose said:
I just went 11.15 @ 121mph / 1.64 60ft last week on a stock unopened motor. :cool:
All it took was a little nitrous. :D
With the juice turned on, boost was 27psi+ thru the traps.

Thats good with spray, i guess :confused:

how much juice are you spraying ??? nice ets with that 60 time .havent meet to many people running nos on these cars .oh nice pics enigine looks good but couldnt read time slips .keep flying

speedfreakv6 said:
how much juice are you spraying ??? nice ets with that 60 time .havent meet to many people running nos on these cars .oh nice pics enigine looks good but couldnt read time slips .keep flying

The jetting is approx 100hp. :cool:
I went with the same jetting that NOS uses in the kits they sell. Only difference is I'm using Pro-Race Fogger solenoids and -06 line. It is jetted conservative enough that it actually ran higher O2's with the nitrous turned on then when it was off. Motor was running too lean because I was still using a chip burned for the stock turbo. It hurt the exhaust blades in the turbo as a result. The turbo is at Limit for repair, and my chips are with Eric to be updated for the bigger turbo.
I'll have a track update in a few weeks when I get it all back together and tuned properly. :cool:

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
As for the 61 turbo... :rolleyes: have yet to see anyones cars worth mentioning going faster on stock heads that is at least 1 second faster than average stock turbo car i work on in KC.

No offense. sorry
BW

Do you mean quicker or faster?? HP is shown in the MPH. Scott Coleman has gone 126+mph, and I think you mention your (customer?) cars are in the 116mph range. 10mph is a huge difference, and is where the larger turbo makes it's statement. We went 119mph on the cars second pass, with really not much tuning at all. I expect we'll have this car in the 10's at 122mph+ when the Reynolds event rolls out.

116+mph is flying though... Don't get me wrong.

K.