zo6 sensor question

Dunebilly

Hi I have a zo6 sensor I wanted to use its mounted inside a 4" maf pipe and I am using a gen 2 translator .
when I select the ls1/ls6 85mm maf on the gen 2 I try to start the car but it does not start everything plugs in without issues. I have an lt1 maf at the moment and that works fine when I put that back on(and select it in the translator) my main question is what else would be needed to use the z06 maf sensor and what would be the best way to test if it is bad thanks any input would help

that should be about all you have to do in order to get it going.
try resetting the ECM so the BLMs reset. see if it will start then.

next I would be looking closely at the MAF wiring and making sure the adapter pigtail is pinned correctly.

yeah are you using an 85mm MAF or one of the stick type MAFs?

The 85mm is a great running MAF sensor. The stick style MAFs.... not so much.

its a stick in a maf pipe
I had reset the computer i'll try the megamaf setting
oh and the the wiring is the plug and play adapter for the gen 2 translator

the 4" megaMAF setting is what you want.

Be on the lookout for idle stability issues with that MAF. You might get lucky but when I tried one it had stability issues, I was using an old school standard translator plus though.

I recently [couple months ago] switched to the Blade/Stick style MAF and have a Gen2.... haven't had any issues with idle quality. i still have to run it some more and log it so i can see if i have to switch the tune up. So far, i richened it it up a little at idle to compensate for more airflow [ i am assuming]. When i get back from over seas, i will test some more. Oh and like everyone mentioned previously, i used the 4" MegaMaf setting, i wasn't exactly sure if that was the right setting but you guys just confirmed it + it was working already ;)

aaron

when I had hooked it up it would just stall so I will try hooking it up again a d using that setting

Ya I have read on here, folks have better results using the Gen II with the stick MAF.

I wasn't using it with the gen 2.. the harness on that, and goes to the gen 2 has a plug for the cars harness to plug into. should I leave that plugged into the translators harness?

ok I switched it and set the input to 4"megamaf output to gm stock maf . I am usisng a tt chip if that matters and it acts like the maf is unplugged completely maybe the stick sensor is dead...mmh I d k it doesn't start at all

Just to confirm - everything works okay with your old MAF, but once you install the Blade style MAF it doesnt work at all?

how is the MAF wired in? What harness did you use?
aaron

Just get rid of the card style MAF and get the 85 mm MAF. You can use the built in IAT and still get almost 4" of opening.