Z06

saywin

Fletch
Ok,
I was following a friend home from the LSBPC meeting in Dallas last night, we were on a local 3 lane highway, I looked up and spotted a brand new Z06. I politely moved out of his way, he then proceeded to pull up in the center lane, my friend was in the far right lane and the Z06 with attitude gunned it jumped into the right lane and it was ONNNNN like Donkey Kong!:eek: My friend was whipping his corvette A$$ :cool: and then shut it down:( . The Z06 kept it to the floor and was gone, I think he was a little embarrased:eek: . My friend later called and said that he let up because he was getting 20 pounds of boost on pump gas ant that's not good:( . I have had my GN a year now and it's still a Virgin All Stock Baby, but someday it will be a monster:mad: ! I just felt like sharing, I couldn't sleep from thinking about that all nite!:)

i guess your friend has a turbo buick too? wow, it must have been VERY healthily modded to edge out an LS7 from a roll.

Great driver I think 11.3. Most run low 12's.

Jason

Someone on here posted (a video) awhile back.... a stock Z06 ... one of the new ones..... went 10.85 at like 126 or so..... with only slicks.... everything else stock. The driver said it was like his 48th pass.... and all shift points were almost perfect.... and good launch too...

Guess there are some that are quicker than 11's....

Here's the link.

10.85 129.50 New Best for a Bone-stock C6Z06 on DOT Drag Radials - Corvette Forum

And the times posted above were talking about the new ZO6, not the older 2001-2005 models. The guy that ran that time has pretty much been one of the fastest drivers of stock to lightly modified ZO6s since 2001. He knows his stuff about Zeds. I give him two thumbs up for sure.

Patrick

I stand corrected.... he damn near ran 130 at the traps.....

I give credit where credit is due.... and a C6 Z06 is bad @ss

How many stock Vipers have gone quicker than 10.85 with just slicks? :eek: How many stock supercharged cobra's have gone quicker than 10.85 on just slicks? :eek:
How many stock Mercedes AMG anything has gone quicker than 10.85 on just slicks? :eek:

You can search far and wide... and probably not get comparable performance for 3 times the price.... the C6 Z06 is pure balls IMHO.

You can search far and wide... and probably not get comparable performance for 3 times the price.... the C6 Z06 is pure balls IMHO.
how about a $3000 87 t-type with $2500 worth in bolt-ons? mwahaha. ;)

how about a $3000 87 t-type with $2500 worth in bolt-ons? mwahaha. ;)

I was mainly referring to new cars :rolleyes:

But I want to see you run low 11's consistantly and bust off a 10.85 on a "good-air" day for that $5500 including the cost of the car.:rolleyes:

I was mainly referring to new cars :rolleyes:

But I want to see you run low 11's consistantly and bust off a 10.85 on a "good-air" day for that $5500 including the cost of the car.:rolleyes:

u could still do that w/a buick for less but that really isnt the point is it. heck, what a WHOLE stage 2 setup run, like 60K?

But I want to see you run low 11's consistantly and bust off a 10.85 on a "good-air" day for that $5500 including the cost of the car.
that's the goal! we'll see where i'm at when i get my TC, intercooler, and alky. so far, i've only spent about $1400 on performance stuff for the car (which i paid $3000 for). used parts online rock!

i admit comparing our cars to zo6s is pretty dumb, though. there's a lot more to it than 1/4 mile time. no turbo buick could ever come close to the amazing handling those zo6s have. they really are one hell of a sports car.

It's a 10 second car with slicks and alchy!

Shoot, you can run 20-25psi on pump gas using Alky;)

Blazer406 said:
Someone on here posted (a video) awhile back.... a stock Z06 ... one of the new ones..... went 10.85 at like 126 or so..... with only slicks.... everything else stock. The driver said it was like his 48th pass.... and all shift points were almost perfect.... and good launch too...

Guess there are some that are quicker than 11's....

It's all relitive.

I think that guy had a -800ft below sea level. That same car/drive would probaly run a 11.5 at my elevation/climate.