Z06

I'm just about 100% sure that I was there that day that Ranger ran the 10.85 with his new Z06 with my Buick and all I could muster with a flairing trans (with a 4 lb. foot brake launch 1.46 60 ft.) on unleaded & alky around 20 lbs. of boost with 275/60 MT drag radials was a 10.15 @ 131 (with that flairing trans 2/3 shift) with an 18 degree TT chip.

PS: The pic. below is from that day at MIR and they were only running a single lane on that track rental day; wish it were two lanes that day and I know how to cut a light too.:D

EDIT: There were one or two other 427's there that day and I had a chat with the threesome at the end of the day; nice guys.

What is the elevation there wbrophy?
Don't know, but you could look it up. The air, temp., and traction was as good as I have ever seen that day (did not take measurements thou) and I "was" a weekly bracket racer at Capitol Raceway down the road up to a short while ago with my Pontiac TA.

Don't know, but you could look it up. The air, temp., and traction was as good as I have ever seen that day (did not take measurements thou) and I "was" a weekly bracket racer at Capitol Raceway down the road up to a short while ago with my Pontiac TA.

I did a search and here is what I found...

Maryland International Raceway - Maryland International Raceway is located in Budds Creek, Maryland, of St. Mary's County. About one mile from the Wicomico River, MIR's elevation is only 80'! That's why so many records are made at our facility! MIR's seating capacity is 11,000 people, with plenty of parking to accommodate. There are also "Family" Grandstand Sections, sponsored by Pepsi, where no alcohol is permitted!
Page Rank