Your procedure for waxing/cutting/polishing your GN?

yarbeau

Darth Vader
The car is in need of a detail. I'd definitely like to learn how.
What do you guys do in terms of procedure when you're setting out to detail the Turbo regal?

I plan on giving it a solid wash, then proceeding on to clay baring the entire car to rid it of the deposits that made their way onto it.

from there on out I'm lost. The car is original paint without clearcoat... correct?

what products and tools should one purchase to get the job done.

Thanks,
Derek:)

After the clay bar, I like Meguiars Showcar Glaze and then Meguiars Pure Carnuba wax. If the car has scratches and chips, Turtle Wax Black box system may be the way to go. You'll get a zillion different suggestions from a zillion different people when it comes to waxes. I think one constant is, that a really nice finish is gong to require some time and effort, but the rewards are worth it!

an you please tell me what is "clay bar", and the procedure of application? Thanks

clay bar is a soft bar like clay. What you do is spray a small area with quick detailer (I like meguiars the sell a clay bar kit) and rub the bar across it till it gets smooth. then wipe the area with a dry clothe. kneed the clay in your hand and go to the next spot. Lots of work but extremely worth it. I have clayed brand new cars and you would not believe what the clay pulls off the paint.

I usually start out fresh every few months. Hand wash with dish soap to get all the old wax off. Then Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay kit, Meguiars Gold Class bug/tar remover rear quarters and bumper, wax pen on rock chips, Scratch X then Turtle Wax Black Box (throw out all the "application Pads").
The Sunday ritual after that Meguiars NXT Generation Car wash, seems to be the best for heavily waxed car. Black Box spray detailer, Meguiars Hot rims chrome polish, Meg NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire Coating, Meg All metal cleaner for metal at bottom of door frame, steering wheel, turbo shield ect.. ArmorAll original ( i love the smell) for interior.

Only tools i use are a good vacuum, a lot of microfiber cloths and a drum of elbow grease.
If i only had 30 min to eat lunch...I'd wash the GN.