Your opinions..

tommyguns

Im just curious to know what everyone thinks of the fuel p.g. mounted on the hood. Ive always thought it looks bad-ass. I really liked it on the Hooker Buick in that old Hot Rod article when it went up against the vette.

Anyway, is it old school design and passe, or do you still like the look of it?

I like mine... I especially like the fact that it's always in my face and if I see it drop I can jump out of the gas and save my motor.... and it's always fun to see the confused look on people's faces when they ask what it is and you tell them it's fuel pressure.... :tongue:

I think it would look cool to make a hood mounted gauge holder that mimicked the hood bulge (ala GTO, et al) have the dorsal crease down the center and emulate the dimensions & the mount a boost gauge/FP gauge, whatever...
maybe magnetically mounted w/ those extra strong rare earth magnets
Hmmmm...

D:cool:

It makes for more of a race car look. If thats what you're after then cool. Its a good spot to put it if you are the type to watch it that close...Im not. I have my Scanmaster on top of my dash to watch for knock. People ask, "What's that"...I reply, "A radar detector for Grand Nationals". ;)

I think it would look cool to make a hood mounted gauge holder that mimicked the hood bulge (ala GTO, et al) have the dorsal crease down the center and emulate the dimensions & the mount a boost gauge/FP gauge, whatever...
maybe magnetically mounted w/ those extra strong rare earth magnets
Hmmmm...

D:cool:

Yes the pontiac rally tach cover would look great. I thinky you can buy them minus the tach.

I have one and I am on the fence too. On one hand its very nostalgic and you can certainly remember seeing them back in the day. On the other hand getting kind of dated and with advancements like my wideband I cant remember the last time I looked at it. Its a toughy, but I think I am going to take mine off for awhile...............................undecided

I love mine. I get no knock with my current boost issue and the fuel pressure would rise with boost but all of a sudden I was not getting any fuel pressure rise and boost would start rising and I still had O2's in the 840 range and I think I have finally found my problem tonight. Very helpful in my situation. Plus, I still tell people "Buick engineers found the clock worked better outside the passenger compartment"... Thank you to whoever had come up with that. :D Made one Corvette owner here put a clock on his cowl for a few months.

if you are gonna run "period" things like this, then you also need to jack up the rear end and run old school Cragar SS or Keystone Klassic rims- 15X10 rear, 14X7 front.
maybe some side pipes, too, and don't forget the fuzzy dice on the mirror.

if you are gonna run "period" things like this, then you also need to jack up the rear end and run old school Cragar SS or Keystone Klassic rims- 15X10 rear, 14X7 front.

Hey! I ran Keystone Classics AND had my rear end jacked up...AND ran glasspacks! Then again, it was a '73 Monte and the year was 1990. Crap! That was 20 years ago!:eek:

I'd put one on my car if someone came up with sleeker looking design. I think they look kind of cool!

I happen to like the look and having the gage on the hood . . .

Here is a list of fittings ect. it takes to put a fuel pressure gage on your hood:

http://chicagolandbuick.org/pdf/Fuel_Pressure_Gage_Project_for_Turbo_Regal.pdf

Here is where to look up the fittings for your project:
AN PLUMBING.COM Earls performance products Hose ends Hose,Adapter fittings

A source for the hood bracket, that does not hurt your hood

Hood Mount Gauge Brackets

And of course the mounting cup for the gage

Auto Meter 2204 - Auto Meter Gauge Mounting Cups - Overview - SummitRacing.com

My last 2 GN's had KB hood mounted. Of all the hood mounted fuel gauges I've seen, all are manual. Why not run an electric hood mounted gauge? A much cleaner look without that big fuel line.:confused:

If I did one, it would have to be an electric Gauge. Those lines would look horrible!

Hey, What's wrong with Cragar S/S rims. :mad: I've got them on my WE4. Of course they are 17x8's though. I like them. Sort of like a blend of old school classic looks with modern size preference. Get a lot of questions and positive comments on them. Just like the Torq Thrust II's. Classic class.

I did have Keystone's once but not on the Regal, they were on my '68 Camaro SS. The KK just look a little too dated for an 80's car and don't come in anything larger that a 15. I would still rock them on a mid 60's, early 70's car though.

As far as the hood mounted guages, remember the GSX came with hood pod tachs so it would be a nod to the Buick performance heritage too.

There's no school like old school.

When I purchased my car quite awhile ago, it came with the KB hood mounted fuel gauge. At first I liked it, but after awhile I realized it gave away the cars potential. Now that it's been off the car for a couple of years, I probably wouldn't go back. I like the clean look myself. It really is up to the individual though. You can see in the two photos what the difference was.

Attachments

• DSC00811 (Large).jpg
    DSC00811 (Large).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC00977 (Large) (Large).jpg
    DSC00977 (Large) (Large).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 144
nah I couldn't live with it on the hood.. Catches way to much attention for me. I want a sleeper "look" :cool:

Have one on mine and enjoy it being there. Its really just totally up to you.

Personally I think I like the look. does anyone that has removed theirs have the setup that they want to sell? I'm gonna add a post to the PW section too.