Your car NEEDS braces! Best mod ever!

Where'd you get the firewall to core braces? Did they come in g-body cars or are they an after market piece? Where can i find them? Did you ever find the Grand Prix trunk braces?

woops, I totally made a typo, I went with the fender to core braces. Sorry guys, Im still looking for the core to firewall braces, just dont have time to find them.

Sorry about that.

Dumb question but I'm not sure as I have tried these braces on both sides does it matter what side each brace goes on meaning is there a passenger side one and a driver side one ? I tried both ways and both went on fine but not sure I've looked at the pics on here and the yellow ones havea wider V shape the black ones seem to have a narrower V shape my front braces run right underneath the front swaybar bushings is this right?

More then a year after I first post here and I still can't find those "firewall to radiator core braces"? :confused:

I need two sets, any suggestions, would be appreciated.

Thanks

No, I mean a slic equipped car. I don't have a FMIC. But if the IC piping falls within the confines of the stock IC it seems it would work for that too, but I'm just guessing

The intercooler piping on a SLIC is no where near the under core support (grand prix) brace. The brace itself sits just above and in front of the intercooler scoop and causes no interference with a SLIC.

Hmm, if that's so then why does SC&C market one specifically for GN's? I'm not doubting you, but the bar (came out of a Gran Prix) I had interfered with the scoop. Mind you, mine is not a factory installation, but it is a LC2 in a G body so it would seem it's pretty close to any other GN installation.

hello; In my case the braces I got from Kirban? does not fit with a PTE SLIC. One brace does and it's on the car. I said this before but the vendor that produces these braces should cum up with the one side fix for the brace upgrade and a PTE SLIC. For now the car will be driven with one brace.
IBBY

Hmm, if that's so then why does SC&C market one specifically for GN's? I'm not doubting you, but the bar (came out of a Gran Prix) I had interfered with the scoop. Mind you, mine is not a factory installation, but it is a LC2 in a G body so it would seem it's pretty close to any other GN installation.

They do it so they can make money. LOL:D I mean it's a nice piece being that it's all welded together and one piece as opposed to three but for $190 for some steel tubing welded together it seems a little expensive. I have a piece that should work for you. Look at my link in post #45. The brace I found because it sits directly under the core support and not up in front of it so there should def. be no interference with a SLIC. I went with a FMIC so it won't work for me. If your interested $50 shipped.

These are the braces I'm looking for the two upper hood ones that go from the center of the firewall to the ends of the radiator support.

I'm looking for the two long braces like in the picture below, I took the picture from an earlier posting.

Also does anyone have these on a turbo car already? Since picture shows a non-turbo car.

Thanks

braces.jpg

I've thought about installing some of these braces on car, but which brace is better regardign the back seat brace the 1984-1987 Turbo Regal -GNX REAR SEAT BRACE or the Grand Prix REAR SEAT brace?

I've thought about installing some of these braces on car, but which brace is better regardign the back seat brace the 1984-1987 Turbo Regal -GNX REAR SEAT BRACE or the Grand Prix REAR SEAT brace?

There is no grand prix rear seat brace. There is the GNX rear seat brace and the aftermarket rear seat braces. The GNX rear seat brace is better because it's not just piping bolted on. It actually steel plate welded to the body. However the aftermarket rear seat braces that are bolted on are way better than no braces at all. So if you can't weld then the bolt in brace would be fine but I have heard you can bolt in the GNX brace as well without haveing to weld it in.

That's true Grand Prixs had the GNX brace before the GNX had them.

I also remember a thread where a guy on the Monte Carlo site had made a brace that went on the B pillar section around the seat belt mounting area and under the headliner that made a hugh difference but I can't find it now, wish I could.