Yard Find 1987 GN

turbo39151

Mr L. Dude post or send me a pic of your 86 TType, you know I have a soft spot for'em...Great Sleepers:wink: Happy to hear all is well with the family.

I live in Pensacola, familiar with the area? It's really starting to get humid here, I know what you saying, went to school here 6 years ago. But I do like it, I'll be spending a lot of time at the beach. And the AC in the car will be going full blast:)

Well today I tore out all the carpet and padding in the buick. Floor is in great shape with a little surface rust. I'll be ordering carpet and getting sound deadner (What ever the stuff is called) for it soon. :redface: Progressing well to say the least. More pics to come.....

Ray

If you ever need any transmission work in Pensacola go to Hirst Transmissions. It's my uncles place in Palafox. He built my trans and it is real nice.

If you ever need any transmission work in Pensacola go to Hirst Transmissions. It's my uncles place in Palafox. He built my trans and it is real nice.

Cool thanks! Does he do all out racing 2004R's?

My WE-4 will be a very low to mid 10Sec car here in the very near future. I want to have it done right the first time. I've even debated switching over to a TH400, they're a dime a dozen around here. Thanks!:cool:

i picked up a we4 hardtop 1 owner with 68,000 miles in august 2006 for $1000.00 and i drove it home.needs doors but beyond that car ran fine.i put a super tuneup on it and within a month it ran 11.88 @114. not to bad considering it sat for 4 years in the guys front yard and had mold growing on it. and the guy even knew it was a we4 plus he gave me a nos accumulator ball .gm service manual.3 books from poston to work on diffrent stuff. and nos hood emblems. that was the best deal i ever got on one of these cars.

I hate you guys. Where's MY bard yeard find. :mad: :tongue:
Wow, I wish I had your luck because, man that's a good looking car!

i picked up a we4 hardtop 1 owner with 68,000 miles in august 2006 for $1000.00 and i drove it home.needs doors but beyond that car ran fine.i put a super tuneup on it and within a month it ran 11.88 @114. not to bad considering it sat for 4 years in the guys front yard and had mold growing on it. and the guy even knew it was a we4 plus he gave me a nos accumulator ball .gm service manual.3 books from poston to work on diffrent stuff. and nos hood emblems. that was the best deal i ever got on one of these cars.

WOW! Now that's a good deal.:cool: Sounds like he might have gave up on it, to let it just sit like that. Do you have any pictures of the car, also, great times! What mods were done to the car?

Ray

I hate you guys. Where's MY bard yeard find. :mad: :tongue:
Wow, I wish I had your luck because, man that's a good looking car!

Thanks and don't fret, you'll find one eventually:):tongue: They are out there, you just have to ask around and search for'em. Good luck.

Ray

when i got the car tires were cracked and original exhaust rotted.passenger window not going up or down.and just needed to be tuned up.i did the usual mods.fuel pump,hot wire,regulator,new plugs gapped @.030 new wires,maf pipe and kn.boost gage,scanmaster,downpipe,stock location stretch intercooler and a upgraded turbo.i also bought a alky control methanol kit but i originally was running racegas.stock tranny which didn't last to long even overfilled ,original valve springs and timing chain and convertor too ! no engine work what so ever and i never locked the convertor either.

a friend told me about the car he didn't know what it was and asked me what was worth i told him it depends on what it is because if it was 85 and older not worth a lot.when i first saw it i wasn't exactly positive it took me about 15 minutes to figure it out between the mold and it didn't exactly look black but once i figured black trim,black bumpers and no header panel emblem i was amazed and when the owner told me if he couldn't get $1000.00 he would part it out i almost fell over.oh yeah he knew about ebay too because that's where he bought those nos emblems and the accumulator ball.

i have many yard finds over the years.here is what you have to do.drive around in older neighborhoods or run down parts of a city or sometimes out in the woods especially off the main roads.trailer parks are another good place also body shops and garages. networking also works out have friends that are into other cars look for you as a spotter or ask a friend that has a drive around job to keep a eye out or even offer a finders fee.sometimes there are a lot of running around for nothing but i have gotten lucky many times.

Cool thanks! Does he do all out racing 2004R's?

My WE-4 will be a very low to mid 10Sec car here in the very near future. I want to have it done right the first time. I've even debated switching over to a TH400, they're a dime a dozen around here. Thanks!:cool:

Yeh he can do whatever you need. He will take good care of "yall".:)

i have many yard finds over the years.here is what you have to do.drive around in older neighborhoods or run down parts of a city or sometimes out in the woods especially off the main roads.trailer parks are another good place also body shops and garages. networking also works out have friends that are into other cars look for you as a spotter or ask a friend that has a drive around job to keep a eye out or even offer a finders fee.sometimes there are a lot of running around for nothing but i have gotten lucky many times.[/QUOTE said:
GMV6TURBOPOWER - Man, I love stories like yours!

In regards to yard finds over the years, I do the exact thing:rolleyes: Good stress reliever too. Just grab a cup of coffee, donuts and go hunting:D

Actually I found 3 more Buick GN's, just waiting it out now. A budy at work and another friend told me about two of them. I will go check'em out this weekend, as well as the one I already knew about.

hanly2 - Thanks man, this sure will make life much easier. Sure beats paying shipping and handling charges ect.

madhat - Too funny, you probably was just excited:tongue:

Ray

How about sharing these other GNs Ray! I can't believe this find! No wonder you've been so quiet lately. :)

My best find was an 87 Turbo-T for $2500. Paint was faded, but they still even had the original window sticker saved and absolutely no mods.

Man, I still can't believe you go that GN for 1200. I"ll give you 1250 today! ;)

Attachments

• day4.jpg
    day4.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 192
  • day2.jpg
    day2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 191
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 209
  • day1.jpg
    day1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 196
How about sharing these other GNs Ray! I can't believe this find! No wonder you've been so quiet lately. :)

My best find was an 87 Turbo-T for $2500. Paint was faded, but they still even had the original window sticker saved and absolutely no mods.

Man, I still can't believe you go that GN for 1200. I"ll give you 1250 today! ;)

Hey Now!

I've been pretty busy actually, not so much with the car but with the Navy/Marine student's here at the school house. Although, every chance I get, I do try to get something done on the GN. Last couple of days I haven't made much progress :mad: But, I'll make it up once I go on Leave for a few days starting this coming Saturday:wink:

Where did you find the Turbo T at and do you still have it? :cool:

rob350 - Thanks! :)

Found it in Elberta, AL. I sold it a week after I bought it. Someone on here has it now.

Hey Ray: I've been out of town for a while. I'l try and take a few pics and send them your way...