Yard Find 1987 GN

Raymond Bunch

"Turbo Enthusiast"
Hey Guys/Gals

I actually found this car a few months ago when I first moved here from CA. At the time the lady wanted $5000 for it if she did sell it. Well luck was with me today when I stopped back by to inquire about it again.

Long story short picked it up for $1200! It has G80 rear = works good:wink: and is a full optioned car. The car started right up with no problem what so ever, I was like :eek: And drove it straight home once we made the deal.

It does need a few things to look good, things such as front and rear bumper fillers, touch up paint for the headlight bezzles etc. The body is very straight, no rust underneath or quarter panals. It does need a rear tail light and the spoiler corner just above it. It was busted out when she backed into something, other than than spring cleaning and a wax job will do it some justice. Here are some pictures if I can get'em down loaded.

Ray

Attachments

• Dirty Buick 002.jpg
    Dirty Buick 002.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 838
  • Dirty Buick 001.jpg
    Dirty Buick 001.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 816
  • Dirty Buick 004.jpg
    Dirty Buick 004.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 823
  • Dirty Buick 007.jpg
    Dirty Buick 007.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 816
  • Dirty Buick 010.jpg
    Dirty Buick 010.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 817
After Being Washed

Just a quick rince off, not really washed or waxed yet. The engine is 100% stock and need a good cleaning too. Carpet inside the car will have to be discarded, to dirty for me and the interior should clean up nice once the to front seats are redone. Gotta love these cars!

Attachments

• Dirty Buick 021.jpg
    Dirty Buick 021.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 804
  • Dirty Buick 024.jpg
    Dirty Buick 024.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 808
  • Dirty Buick 036.jpg
    Dirty Buick 036.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 807
  • Dirty Buick 034.jpg
    Dirty Buick 034.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 800
  • Dirty Buick 030.jpg
    Dirty Buick 030.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 801
Just a quick rince off, not really washed or waxed yet. The engine is 100% stock and need a good cleaning too. Carpet inside the car will have to be discarded, to dirty for me and the interior should clean up nice once the to front seats are redone. Gotta love these cars!

OMG!!! :eek: What a screaming deal! Congrats on that find. She just let it sit until she totally lost intrest in it? What condition was it in when you initially found it? Also what part of Ca did you move from? Nice GTO btw :cool:

Interior and Engine

Haven't cleaned either as of yet.

Attachments

• Dirty Buick 031.jpg
    Dirty Buick 031.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 793
  • Dirty Buick 032.jpg
    Dirty Buick 032.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 798
  • Dirty Buick 033.jpg
    Dirty Buick 033.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 797
  • Dirty Buick 025.jpg
    Dirty Buick 025.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 795
  • Dirty Buick 013.jpg
    Dirty Buick 013.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 782
OMG!!! :eek: What a screaming deal! Congrats on that find. She just let it sit until she totally lost intrest in it? What condition was it in when you initially found it? Also what part of Ca did you move from? Nice GTO btw :cool:

Hi Dave,

The condition is good, the pictures shows it just the way I picked it up 4-5 hours ago. It really just need a little TLC and I haven't done anything to it except rince it off. The lady was fixing to move and also she received a notice by the city that she had to do something with the car besides letting it sit. Like I said, I got lucky:smile:

I lived in Oceanside and boy do I miss the CA weather! Where are you at?

Ray

Hi Dave,

The condition is good, the pictures shows it just the way I picked it up 4-5 hours ago. It really just need a little TLC and I haven't done anything to it except rince it off. The lady was fixing to move and also she received a notice by the city that she had to do something with the car besides letting it sit. Like I said, I got lucky:smile:

I lived in Oceanside and boy do I miss the CA weather! Where are you at?

Ray

We're in the Bay Area about 30 mins out of San Francisco. Man your wait payed off. Congrats again :cool:

We're in the Bay Area about 30 mins out of San Francisco. Man your wait payed off. Congrats again :cool:

Yeah, I think your right. I have never been up towards the Bay but want too. Maybe when I leave here in the next 3-4 years I will request orders back to CA. (Marine Corps) I will retire there and then back to FL I go. Cost of living is next to none here. Thanks Dave and take care!:cool:

Don't ya love it when you get things that's worth a whole lot more for a very very cheap price!:eek:

That is one fine find! I'd even offer triple your $ for it! Great car to run around in if not re-do. Sweet deal~!

don't you feel guilty? take that car back to her right now, or go pay her some more money!!!

:tongue:

Don't ya love it when you get things that's worth a whole lot more for a very very cheap price!:eek:

Yes Sir, I do:)

In all honesty though, I was prepared to give her $3000 for it tops. I just through a number out ($1200) and she said yes. I was like:eek:

don't you feel guilty? take that car back to her right now, or go pay her some more money!!!

:tongue:

Now your making me feel guilty;)

The way I look at it is...anyone who treat are cars like this should have it taken off their hands immediatly:tongue: I don't really feel guilty, just had to through that out there..

Since you have a "new" GN, I will give you $1200 for the one in the garage!:D Super Find! Congrats!

Oh by the way, since you got such a good deal, I have an extra tail light for $1000!

vader87 - I'll keep you in mind, I have a line on one for $500:p No really, I found a regal parts car a few blocks away, hopefully I can score the parts I need over the weekend.

txregal - Yes, it's pretty much stock. That may change over time though if I don't decide to restore it.

57loboy - Thanks for the offer man. For the time being it's just another project to mess around with. A couple fella's at work are also wanting to buy it, you never know what a man will do if the price is right though;) :rolleyes:

I had an extra set of GN rims/tires I put on it this evening, I also cleaned up the engine bay. I'll post more progress pics up tomorrow (Wed).

Ray

3rd Day

Well making some progress:) Last night in two hours I put the nice GN wheels on it and cleaned the engine compartment up a little. Today it was raining cats and dogs for most of the day. I still haven't had a chance to wash or compound/wax it. It should turn out decent once done.

This Saturday I plan on taking out the complete interior for a through cleaning. NOT looking forward to it really, but it must be done after 20 years of dirt, sand and what ever else may be hiding in the cracks:eek:

Anyhow, here's a couple pictures of my progress thus far......

Attachments

• IMG_1893.jpg
    IMG_1893.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 620
  • IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_1906.jpg
    IMG_1906.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg