XFI "no start" feature saved a GN last night!

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
Just thought I'd pass this along...

I just got a call from a friend of mine who owns a GN that I built a few years ago. When we built the car I installed a XFI unit that we purchased from Cal & Holly @ Hartline Performance. The rest of the build of the car would make for a very nice THS style car...

My friend, the owner of the car, came out of working at his 2nd job last night to find his hood up on the car, the drivers door open, the glove box broken open, & the steering column broken apart. If not for the "no start" program that Cal installed the car would have been lost to thieves last night! They did not damage anything else...

K.

Score one for the good guys. Should be legal to remove the hand(s) of thieves. This way we know who the scumbags are.

I am paranoid about leaving my GN anywhere that I am not around for long. I have several anti-theft deterrents but know folks have had their car flat-bedded away before. Amazingly, I know of 2 people in my immediate area who *had* nice GN's that got stolen by some creep busting the steering column and starting the car - one car got recovered and the other one not.

How anyone can have one of these cars with NO deterrents is beyond me. A $2 kill switch could have probably saved both of those cars.

Billy