XFI install pics...

You can get an adapter harness from caspers (I couldn't find the part # sorry) that plugs into the stock harness under the dash to the XFI for the 3 bar MAP signal.

You don't even need that adapter. With a 6" piece of wire and two slice connectors you can do the same thing and save $30 bucks... ;)

K.

You don't even need that adapter. With a 6" piece of wire and two slice connectors you can do the same thing and save $30 bucks... ;)

K.

Yep, I started to do it that way, but I bought the 3 bar MAP with the kit and figured I would go ahead and use it since I had it!
Your install looks a little cleaner than mine, I have the box right side up with the wires coming from the bottom, exposed. I might turn it upside down like you did it, makes the LEDs more visible and would help hide the wires.

ok been doing alittle more reasearch and have another question. When you remove your MAF what do you do about the wiring that went to the MAF. i was reading something about a Grey wire going to the MAP sensor needs to be run the the MAF wire. im confused

installed xfi last month in my gn,caspers adapter has map plug come right out at adapter,i didn't have to run any wire to maf plug,u can either run vaccum hose to map sensor in car by ecm or get an adapter and put map in engine bay.its nice because u can ditch the small intake and maf sensor.it felt real good installing 4inch intake kit!!As far as installing xfi,hardest part was welding in bund for wideband o2 sensor, the rest was just plugging in connectors.i spent 10x the amount of time figuring out where to mount it.my system is on kick panel but leds go up and down not side to side.wish i knew about adapter,would have saved 4 hours driving myself crazy on where to put all that crap!:mad: system is worth every penny!!!

oh yea as far as what to do with maf wiring,i just taped maf plug back in harness loom.u ditch maf and convert to speed density that uses a map and an the Intake air temp sensor as a speed denstiy sensor.put my iat right in the dog house instead of air box.

You can do the same with the stock O2 wire, unplug, throw some electrical tape on it, and tuck it out of the way.

ok cool i figure i can just unscrew the o2 sensor and put a 02 plug in there. and the MAF good to go.

Ok a few questions. Remember my car is a Hotair Car So I need the alky to help cool the intake charge. My car is at the point where i think going to the XFI will really help.

My car is a weekend crusier and i would like to be able to run 91+alky on the street then go to the track put my C16+alky for the cooling turn the boost up and be set. So my question is how would this work. i have a general idea but i will not try and confuse myself trying to explain what i think.

If you get the 4 position quick tune option that is available, you can have your cake and eat it too. Run 91+alky on the street on one tune, flip the switch, turn up the boost, and run race fuel+alky. You can get specific tunes for whatever application you are running.
I got my XFI from Cal Hartline, give him a call, he is very helpful with answering questions, big or small and he doesn't "talk over your head" when explaining the system. I pretty much had the same questions you have when I bought mine.
Honestly, I wish I had bought this system a long time ago, most likely would have saved multiple head gaskets, a complete motor, and many headaches from jacking with the stock computer/tune.

I figured i could do what i wanted with the 4 position quick tune just wasnt 100% sure how it all works. Thanks for all the help so far you have answered alot of questions. right now nick micale is building me a motor so i figured i would look into the XFI since tuning with the stock ecm and computer chip changes so much. I will have to give Nick a call when i get the money ready and either have him get it for me or call Cal since cal is the XFI man and see what kind of killer deal he can hook me up with since im military.

Hate to bring this back up but that's where I installed mine.

FASTXFI.jpg