XFI FUEL/OIL pressure Logging kit

I guess I should chime in here. That setup, with the harness, was spec'd out by Cal, as it was his idea. I got involved when Cal asked if I could supply the wiring harness. Caspers does make this harness but it's made to Cal's spec, so you won't find it on the Caspers website. It's made to do a specific task with a specific adapter. Actually the only ones who'd be requesting this type of part would be FAST or XFI dealers. With Cal's suggestions, I integrated an internal jumper to the GN-XFI adapter that utilizes the logger option. So actually it's Cal's design...

The adapter module is available for XFI and FAST as it's designed now, and Cal or Joe could elaborate on what's available option-wise.

Caspers builds many similar customer-specified wiring devices and harnesses for dozens of other manufacturers and parts suppliers who claim that they make their own parts; I don't have a problem with that, and technically they do make those parts, just not "in-house". All of the products we manufacture which are sold on a custom basis are produced based on medium to large quantity commitments to us, and we often protect the purchase by labeling the parts as customer-only.

Hope this clears the air.
-John

John, Thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate your coming here and posting.

JrTuner :p :) I didnt want to post that info without John's Permission

No only on hte XFI, The XFI has the abilty to log up to 8external sensors,THe original unit does not

First thing I would like to thank John for clearly all of this up. We were slightly confused by all of this because when we ordered a couple of XFI adapter harnesses, John explained the different features of it including the logging options. He said that there was an extra harness and transducers available from him to use this option. When we received the harnesses the instructions stated the same thing. There were no mentions of Cal or Hartline Performance but this is a good idea, thanks Cal. Then when Otto posted what he did, something didn't seem right. We spoke to Joe about it and discussed the situation and he wasn't aware of the entire story like we weren't. So I am glad it is cleared up now.

The second issue is directed to Otto. The thread regarding the dataloggers, you posted a "group buy" for this particular item at the regular everyday price most dealer normally sell it for. We thought this was kind of odd. So being a supporting vendor of this board we thought we would offer the community a better deal. You hacked us for it and told us to get our own thread. Later on another member posted that he could buy them even cheaper and you embraced him and asked him to share the info so everyone could benefit. I see a problem with this, do you have something against us personally or is it every vendor other than your "favorites"? If you have a problem with us our number is in our sig feel free to give us a call and we can discuss the problem. If you don't want to make a toll call, pm me your number and I will glady call you.

InjectConnect said:
First thing I would like to thank John for clearly all of this up. We were slightly confused by all of this because when we ordered a couple of XFI adapter harnesses, John explained the different features of it including the logging options. He said that there was an extra harness and transducers available from him to use this option. When we received the harnesses the instructions stated the same thing. There were no mentions of Cal or Hartline Performance but this is a good idea, thanks Cal. Then when Otto posted what he did, something didn't seem right. We spoke to Joe about it and discussed the situation and he wasn't aware of the entire story like we weren't. So I am glad it is cleared up now.

The second issue is directed to Otto. The thread regarding the dataloggers, you posted a "group buy" for this particular item at the regular everyday price most dealer normally sell it for. We thought this was kind of odd. So being a supporting vendor of this board we thought we would offer the community a better deal. You hacked us for it and told us to get our own thread. Later on another member posted that he could buy them even cheaper and you embraced him and asked him to share the info so everyone could benefit. I see a problem with this, do you have something against us personally or is it every vendor other than your "favorites"? If you have a problem with us our number is in our sig feel free to give us a call and we can discuss the problem. If you don't want to make a toll call, pm me your number and I will glady call you.
No problem with you , just if a vendor and or person has something to sell i think its not right to come in another members thread,thats all.Maybe im wrong

I need wiring Diaghrams For 87 GN

:confused: :confused: Hello All!

I am in dier need of a accuate wiring diaghram for my gn. I am installing a alarm system w/auto start and chilton is very very vague with thier diaghrams. Any help would e greatly appricated.

Dave :confused: :confused: :confused:

InjectConnect said:

Dale the reason why Otto got mad about you coming into the thread is that most people would conceder what you guys did hijacking. How would you like it if you had something for sale at xxx amount of dolors and I poped in saying I can get it for this much I think you wouldn't like it also its just the way of the internet you don't hop onto somebody's thread like that

ttypewe4jim said:
Dale the reason why Otto got mad about you coming into the thread is that most people would conceder what you guys did hijacking. How would you like it if you had something for sale at xxx amount of dolors and I poped in saying I can get it for this much I think you wouldn't like it also its just the way of the internet you don't hop onto somebody's thread like that

"Later on another member posted that he could buy them even cheaper and you embraced him and asked him to share the info so everyone could benefit."

How is this any different? Otto is not a FAST dealer or a supporting vendor. So really he shouldn't be offering this product like he did. Since we are both of the above we thought we would help out our fellow members.

InjectConnect said:
"Later on another member posted that he could buy them even cheaper and you embraced him and asked him to share the info so everyone could benefit."

How is this any different? Otto is not a FAST dealer or a supporting vendor. So really he shouldn't be offering this product like he did. Since we are both of the above we thought we would help out our fellow members.

Keep on posting Dale, your intent keeps becoming clearer. :rolleyes:

Dale go back years in posts,Guys that do group purchases are never the vendor.They do it thru a vendor or supplier,SO i did no different than any other MEMBER trying to set up this type of buy.

Also the otehr member with the cheaper price did not come into my thread and low ball,He started his own thread which is the RIGHT way to go about it.

Ted im right with ya on what you see.

How about you go back and reread that thread (it was on page 6 in Parts for Sale when I posted this). Buicksx2 (I believe his name is) came in the same thread, he did not start his own. Your thread ended with you asking him who his source was so you all could benefit.

Well without going into much detail of our background.(Myself and Buicksx2)
He did this with just as much intent as you did I should have said something to him also, So i guess that means what you did was ok :rolleyes:

Feel free to post stuff for sale,Maybe i can get a better deal for people not being a vendor.Rest assured i will post in your thread with a better deal if i can since we all see this as normal practice

I posted before he did so I wasn't following anyones lead, nor did I do it because someone else did it, so it must be ok to do then, senario. I see you have double standards.

InjectConnect said:
I posted before he did so I wasn't following anyones lead, nor did I do it because someone else did it, so it must be ok to do then, senario. I see you have double standards.

The intent was no matter what you say to get sales for yourself after you saw a good idea,you followed your own ettiquette there,I now see how you operate.Feel free to under cut me again any time you see something for sale,I would expect nothing less from you at this point.No double standards here,I can assure you of this,BuicksX2 is no friend of mine by any means.Matter of fact i know he dislikes me about as much as one person can.

PS thanks for the deal on the Iac setup at BG it works well

Here is the post you mentioned quoted
Otto,
Thanks for the update on the NHRA rule I didn't know that and looks like I'll have to buy one to be compliant.

I found out I can get one for less and without a 10 order minimum, just found that out today..........guess it is good timing on my part.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Read this again,HE is not offering anything for sale,simply stating he found one cheaper and he didnt need to get 10 people together to get the deal.

You posted a price and no limit on buyer,There is a difference there

So you just admitted that you did have something to gain by selling the dataloggers after you posted earlier that you were just helping one of your favorite dealers out. You should think before you respond. I am glad you liked the IAC setup we have plenty more. Our specials are for everybody on this board, just trying to help the community out.