XFI does not connect after windows 10 upgrade

with device manager open plugging cable in to same port on left side i always use (not even connected to xfi ) up pops "ports (com and LPT)" and and shows it at com 3 which i had previously reassigned after initial install and it comes up every time at com3 ,
right clicking "prolific usb to serial comm port .." brings up the properties icon ..click it and youll see the adapter properties ,
if its not on com3 you can click port settings and change it to com3
clicking "driver details" brings up the driver location info...
prolific driver version 3.8.1.3 7/5/ 2016 and shows the driver was located in the windows folder that came with the 10 update

usb driver prolific.jpg

Last edited:
Pace,
Exactly what I have. Can you post a pic of the port settings?

Fwiw:
Just confirmed continuity if all cables.

Attachments

• 20161029_113153.jpg
    20161029_113153.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 92
Why in this day wouldn't xfi support usb? Its only been out for almost 20 years. You would think a 2k system would have it. Hell Powerlogger has USB.

I know the pains. I use usb to db9 and set up all that crap to talk to medical equipment. On some of the xray generators I work on I use usb to db9 and have to use a program called DOSbox to emulate older MS-DOS windows. Pain in the balls

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Well, settings are the same as Pace posted.

It MUST be something else.
KO, power light is on on the box.
My buddy Chuck came over with his adapter and two (!!) W7 pc's.
Nothing worked. Updated drivers (search Internet) Same error: ECU not found. Verified continuity and pin locations on C connector. All appears ok.
Fast is closed today.

Will start a new thread after searching. Thanks gents.

are you sure you're using the correct version of ccom WP to connect to your box . you cant use 2.05 to connect to a 1.340 version of XFI

Check if bison can help with ideas?
Already posted. For the record I'm not an IT guy. I regularly struggle with connectivity of devices to random windows based programs. The connectivity has nothing to do with the device you're trying to connect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. . The connectivity has nothing to do with the device you're trying to connect
Agree and no worries. Its just how things work out for me typically. lol
Will get to the bottom of this.

Last edited:
Already posted. For the record I'm not an IT guy. I regularly struggle with connectivity of devices to random windows based programs. The connectivity has nothing to do with the device you're trying to connect

Seems to me that windows 10 sucks and Microsoft should fix their junk. All other windows versions work ok. gotta love new stuff that should be so great and causes more trouble than it's worth.
Seems to me that windows 10 sucks and Microsoft should fix their junk. All other windows versions work ok. gotta love new stuff that should be so great and causes more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited:
It has more safeguards against malicious programs that's why everything is a pain. Old programs and stuff with unsigned drivers never works without a lot of jerking around. Disabling driver security is usually required

be sure you have drivers designed for 64 bit windows if your machine runs it. the 32 bit drivers will install without complaining, but will not work.

Jerryl, I know just enough to be dangerous and maybe can help. If you look at the link I posted above it may explain a lot. First step it to verify what you have for a cable chipset. If you have a windows 7 machine you can run the prolific tool that will tell you this information.
AG.

. . . . First step it to verify what you have for a cable chipset. If you have a windows 7 machine you can run the prolific tool that will tell you this information.
AG.
Thank you. I did find that thread a few days ago. You are correct and I did learn that the adapter is chipped and needs to be compatible with the OS. Picked up a conversion cable and still having issues.

Making no changes, the pc and cable did however work flawlessly on an older XFI. Interestingly, that same car had a defective XFI when purchased new. No different than the brand new AEM WB I got that never worked, which was determined to be defective by AEM. Lol

I want to sincerely thank all those who replied, and keep the thread W10 related. This will get sorted.

For future searches:
Despite what Comp Tech says, W10 works fine. I am using it with a tablet.
Just make sure the prolific adapter is W10 compatible, AND remove the security in the W10 OS to accept all drivers, similar as required for PL.

Send from under a rock.

Yep. Advice from Bison, Pace & Turobitt were on the $$$.