WTF

"Blackout"

Need a little help please. Took my car to work today. 59k miles car mostly stock. A few guys want to see it in the parking lot after work. After loud mouth Mustang guy is driving by (I told the guys he wouldn't wait for me) I start the car and it makes a loud ticking noise like a sticking lifter. I open the hood and the ticking is subsiding, that was weird. Never did that before. I gas it leaving (make sure it is o.k.) it feels good. on the way home home it pulls HARD. Feels good. Guy from work text me there were a couple of yellowish fan blades on the ground after you hit it. After I get home I open the hood and ALL of the innercooler blades are GONE!! Like clean off. Anyone ever heard of or experienced anything like this before? Any idea what could cause it? Any help is appreciated.

Maybe the fan bolts got loose and the fan fell off breaking into pieces

OR

It could also be that the fan was old and the plastic became brittle and all it took was one fan blade coming off causing enough vibration for all the other blades to follow...:(

Just try putting a new fan back on and it's very likely that everything will back to normal.

Claude. ;)

Made good enough power to woop ur brittle fan lol Just get a new one and ull be ready to rock. Don't mind the slight embarrassment of looking like a clunker ;P

Thanks everyone, the bolt is missing on driver side bracket. I recently put the stock turbo back on........looks like I may have left it off or left it finger tight. Will put a fan on and stomp on it.

Maybe you should drive that down to CA. I know a good tech in the area! Phil.

Aftermarket intercooler?,mine are red-did they come in different colours?...or you mean the actual rad/fan blades came off too.

Aftermarket intercooler?,mine are red-did they come in different colours?...or you mean the actual rad/fan blades came off too.

Back away from the bong....The stock IC fan blade is a whitish plastic. After many yrs of heat/dirt, they get brittle.

Rick: You are right!!:rolleyes:

Got to work today and I think I recovered all of the blades scattern in the parking lot.. will put them on the garage wall as a reminder to check all bolts. Could have been worse.

Mine grenaded & put a nifty pimple in the hood!heard a BANG while driving & couldn't figure it out until I saw ping in hood & tear in hood-liner, along w/ bits of yellow nylon in various parts of engine bay.
Thank God I wasn't fiddlin' under the hood at the time

Back away from the bong....The stock IC fan blade is a whitish plastic. After many yrs of heat/dirt, they get brittle.

Jeez you had me wondering there for a minute,I guess mine is painted. I did think it was awfully snazzy looking though.

gn012s.jpg

Maybe ur inter cooler isnt completely bolted and the engine torque caused it to hit the fan blades