Wtf just happened?

JordanCVP

Alright, so I'm driving home from a LAN party in Benbrook, TX at about 8 in the morning in my crown vic, and me and my friends are all tired from staying up all night. I'm the only occupant in my car, computer in the trunk, most of my group is about 10 cars behind me, and me and my friend clark are leading the pack. I'm trying to stay awake, as is he, so we're messing with each other trying to see which will punch it first. Well, we finally both punch it at about 60 or 65 at the same time, all goes well... I downshift into second, and because I'm running with no mufflers I make plenty of obnoxious rumbling. But then at 80mph, something happened.

I'm effectively running on 7 cylinders right now. My #8 cylinder has either a faulty coil pack or a bad plug boot (its a distributorless motor), so it doesn't fire all the time, especially when its warmed up or the air is humid. Understandably, the car isn't as fast as it should be with one cylinder missing every now and then. My '97 was mechanically one of the best cars I had ever owned, and if I column-shifted into second at 35 or 40, or if I dropped it into 2nd at 50 or so, I could get a squeak out of the tires. Nothing to a GN, but fairly impressive for a monsterous four door sedan with a measly 4.6 liter in it ;)

However, this time, when I shifted into third gear at 80mph, my tires didn't just squeak or skip. No. I laid down solid rolling rubber and my car started turning sideways. I let off and it immediately skipped back into place. That means the road wasn't oily or crummy. There was a bit of mist, but it wasn't drenched. Not enough for me to have to use my wipers. My facial expression couldn't be explained any better than this: :eek:

How?? That's got to be a one time fluke. That was the most insane thing anything of my vehicles have ever done.

a LAN party is were a bucnh of people gather up in a room connect there computers to a network and play each other in a game....

some of those kids are crazy with there computers, one of my friends does it, and he's got like neons and stuff in his computer... when he works on his computer more than his 73 duster im like... ben, why dont you FIX your car?

damn teenagers...

-neil

Hehe, yeah... there are a lot of more organized LAN Parties, and I've seen better ones than the one I went to this weekend. You see a lot of cool stuff there; people with neons in their computers, plexiglass windows on the sides, UV-reactive wiring, and some funny things like people who built a computer inside a cardboard box with packing tape for "plexiglass windows". One guy had an iMac monitor for a hampster cage right next to his computer.