WTF is this!

831_gn

Hey guys, this is my first real post on the site. I been a member for almost two years and I have had my gn for about almost a year. I bought the car from a local guy that didn't really know much about these cars... I always noticed that my front bumper was somewhat loose but I never did anything about it. I started doing my spring cleaning and I noticed this. That's the left side and yes those are zip ties holding down my grill.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 484
Well either they are export braces or stock bumper support that have been cut to drop front end weight...Without the stock support there is nothing for your grill springs to hook to and not much to hold the fillers up so that's what the extra pieces are for.

collin's right. i have zip ties holding mine too, but doesn't look like that. i'm just lazy and couldn't find my springs in my garage.

To return it to stock you would need a steel bumper support (heavy) or to still keep some weight savings an aluminum support like what came on T's, the assorted hardware, and the grill springs.

All this should be readily available at you local junk yard minus the aluminum bumper support, those can be a bit harder to find, they show up in the for sale section from time to time.

I actually have one, but I'm sure shipping would kill you from this far away.

I not really worried about weight. I'm just tired of hearing my bumper rattling while I'm driving. So I just need the bumper support? I would really like a pic if someone can. Thanks for the replies

See the pieces bolted to the outer shell of your bumper?? Just like that except it goes all the way across.

If you go to a junkyard and look under a regal it will become very clear very quickly.

Hey guys, this is my first real post on the site. I been a member for almost two years and I have had my gn for about almost a year. I bought the car from a local guy that didn't really know much about these cars... I always noticed that my front bumper was somewhat loose but I never did anything about it. I started doing my spring cleaning and I noticed this. That's the left side and yes those are zip ties holding down my grill.

the earlier regals had small reinforcements that didn't go the whole lenth of the bumper. but that little vertical brkt someone must have added

did you buy that gn from the shop across the street from the home depot in seaside, i think it was over a year ago