WTF is going on

onefastcar

mono e mono
Myraid of issues but here we go getting on my coil 11.89-11.65-11.54, i don't think this is good not sure. Ok checking my fire with a voltage indicator against wires drivers side wires look excelent no blips steady stream, pass side is all over the place meaninig break in light all wires on that side.
Car has been backfiring under heavy boost conditions, and appears to be missing ever so slightly under normal driving conditions, have replaced ign. module from of course auto zone gp sorenson model.
haven't checked cam sensor but have just replaced my crank sensor do to it hitting on the fins when i looked at it and now it really misses even at idle.
Gonna call caspers and see what they suggest and if i can get some help from you guys it would be greatly appreciated also my plugs have heavy carbon buildup from presumably bad fire.

I had a coil go bad on me last week, it also ohm'ed out good. Buy it, and Try it, you might be amazed that coil is shot.

onefastcar said:
Myraid of issues but here we go getting on my coil 11.89-11.65-11.54, i don't think this is good not sure. Ok checking my fire with a voltage indicator against wires drivers side wires look excelent no blips steady stream, pass side is all over the place meaninig break in light all wires on that side.
Car has been backfiring under heavy boost conditions, and appears to be missing ever so slightly under normal driving conditions, have replaced ign. module from of course auto zone gp sorenson model.
haven't checked cam sensor but have just replaced my crank sensor do to it hitting on the fins when i looked at it and now it really misses even at idle.
Gonna call caspers and see what they suggest and if i can get some help from you guys it would be greatly appreciated also my plugs have heavy carbon buildup from presumably bad fire.
Start with the basics....Plugs & wires are the best first places to look. I had similar symptoms and plug wires cured it. Many times its the simple things tha bite us. Tap test eh MAF, even change it with a known good MAF. Check engine grounds....Check and clean All of them.

Check around with the Buick people in your area to see if any of them have the Casper Coil/ign/plug wire tester.

This is the absolute best thing to check out the ignition modul, coil pack and plug wires.
It will save you time and $$ by pin pointing if any of these three items are at fault.
After you see/use one you will understand why I think so highly of it.

No I don't get paid by Casper to advertise.

Gary :cool:

i would if the 2 people near me weren't nearer you, well maybe i'll have this thing fixed at the next years deal at bg. :frown:

just go get a coil pack, its pretty cheap like 30-60 bucks at advance or auto zone, they are good quality and you already replaced the rest of the ignition anyway, then you wont have to worry about it for 5 years or more. i did coil pack and ign. module at the same time and it really helped the drivability and performance.
Gary

Ok update changed coil pack it now reads 13.5 on all big improvement took fuel pressure back to 45 static improved, retarded my timing from 2 deg adv. to 8 deg ret on my trans+ much better, had valvetrain noise and backfire with the advance, i did this mainly due to thinking a tired engine will play with these settings but now i trully have a baseline that i need to work from and log any changes, WOHO she busts the tires at a standstill hadn't done that before. :)
Now my question is why do some like advance and some like retard i know every engine is different but i would think there would be a direct cause, anyhow i'm happy as he**. ;)

i would have to know what boost and timing you are running now to be able to help you with it. most are going to say more boost and less timing is better, but i beg to differ. first off, i see your not running alky, so just remember, that should be your next mod, its really great stuff! so anyways, i prefer to run more timing and less boost because the spoolup is way better, and if you have the stock intercooler which im sure you do, its pretty worthless after 17-18lbs. anyway. so on pump gas i would say go for 15-18lbs of boost and see how much timing you can run, i would say 21/19 degrees will be about all you get.
Gary

I agree you need timing to go fast with the stock turbo,you said your car was backfiring under high boost you changed the coil but you also retarted the timing 2 degrees you may have been detonating and not seen it my car was doing the same thing so put 5 gallons of 110 problem solved,no popping at all my scanner never showd knock when was backfiring but ever since my car is always been ran on 116 and alchy inject i will never put cali's 91 crap in my car again?Could of been your timing being too much for pump gas.