Wtf happened at norwalk...

turboc87gn

Darkside in Detroit
I cant remember what class it was but it was the semi finals or finals( pro tree)
at norwalk sunday and the starter guy fell asleep :confused: Both cars prestaged, staged, both sets of bulbs lit, trans brakes on,boost up ,and like 10 seconds went by:eek::eek::eek: and the tree didnt drop :confused:( Im sorry i dunno everyones cars and peoples names) finally one guy had to shut it down so he didnt send his tranny and converter into orbit as soon as he does the tree drops and the other guy made the pass for the win i would have been a lil upset If i was the guy that lost, and i dont think they ran it over again!!!!! The guys in the tower were tryin to explain it away sayin it was driver error and a bulb wasnt lit etc B.S.!!!:mad:

They staged before the computer was reset. It was Jason against Toni in TSM semifinals. One of the cars was already injured, thats why you saw it limp down the track.

Also the way I understand it ,both parties were also asked if they wanted to rerun the race, and both agreed not to.

I didnt know that was even possible..The track guy in the burnout box has to let you know you can proceed with the burnout stage etc..hmm learn somethin new everyday...Its cool they gave them the option to rerun it,norwalk has always been a class act when it comes to how they run the place....

motorsports is sometimes no different than team sports...sometimes the refs/umpires/officials make the wrong call..

I didnt know that was even possible..The track guy in the burnout box has to let you know you can proceed with the burnout stage etc..hmm learn somethin new everyday...Its cool they gave them the option to rerun it,norwalk has always been a class act when it comes to how they run the place....

You are right! A very classy place.
Jason was on the two step for almost 7 seconds... I think the track guys were a little confused about it. That was a scary moment though :eek:

After that I (transmission) didn't want to run the car anymore for an hour... then they called us up for the finals within a few mins..

I've never heard of that happening before and the track mgr explained how it happend. Apparently, you have to wait for the scoreboard to reset (clear) from the previous run before pre staging.

Just wished the starter would have waved us back before killing the trans with heat.

Norwalk is a great track and now I have learned another lesson in racing.

I found it interesting in qualifying how they held me back from doing a burnout until both cars cleared the track then in eliminations they were telling me to go ahead with my burnout as soon as the pair in front of me left the line.

While it may be the racers responsibility to see the clocks clear, the officials should have held the pairs back a while longer and this would not be a problem.

As a racer I can only imagine how many four letter words that would have been coming out of my mouth after being on the pipe for 7 seconds....

well its time for my 2 cents.i raced my tso car in thier friday night choas program,amd thats actually what it was CHOAS!!!!!!!!!! THE TRACK OFFICIALS WERE FU$KED UP THE ENTIRE NIGHT. i went to the tower after being disqualified for exceding thier 2 minute rule to burn out, stage, and launch.thier really professional staff directed me to the wrong lane during first round of eliminations in the drag radial class.after watching the other car do his burnout they told me to get in other lane.after backing out and trying to get my car straightened to do my burn out,i did my burm out and was then given the cit engine sign.the starter told me i was timed out and to take my car to the pits.after a heated discussion with him and telling him what i thougfht about him and the whole crew there.i drove my car through the gate and to the my pit.after steaming about it for about an hour,i borrowed don cruz's cart and went to the tower elevator.after leaving the elevator i then started having words with a guy who said he was in charge.i spent along time telling him and everyone else in the tower what i thought about thier bull**** call they put on me.they said they would have a meeting later to discuss how to prevent this from happenng again.i told them the only way they would ever see my tso car or CATEGORY 6 at thier track again would be if we all go to heaven and they have drag racing. i doubt if i would run on thier track even there.

see you guys at bpg,

bobby don (the ole man with the slo buick)

Don, I feel your pain. I had a issue there in 06 running TSO when I had a issue getting the car started. The other TSO car held back and waited, they timed me out and backed me out in the burnout box also. The thing that was total B.S. was it was "our" Buick event and it should not have been the track officials call, it should have been a rule/call in TSO. I know all the fine gentlemen racing TSM and TSO would wait for any of us, as well as I would do the same. I don't want to win via a DQ, just not the way to win. Either way I was sent packing. I think the officials need to understand it's about racing and having fun. IF the guy in the other lane decided to call the rule on you then it is what it is, but officials need to take a chill pill IMHO sometimes.

I love the facility and come to realize I have to make sure I got things straight on my end or it could happen again. Hearing your story comes to no surprise. I hope you would take into consideration we all want you there racing with us, although I can see you not wanting to race in their program on Friday.

thanks dude for your shoulder,i will probably come back next year but only with the buick raceday guys.fu$k the rest of them!!!!