WTB: Original delco battery

Venus

Hi,

I am talking to a company here in Ohio that specialize in making old style batteries for muscle cars and they are interested in the Delco Freedom batteries that came in our cars. If somebody has one they would be willing to sell me that would be great. I'm in Ohio and have PayPal.
Attached is the battery I'm after.
Thanks
B-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 140
Someone reproduced the decals for the battery awhile back, making it relatively straightforward to buy a new battery with a similar looking case and make it look factory. I've got a set or two around somewhere. I want to say it was a fellow from the UK that had them made, but I could be wrong. Should be able to find with a search.

Yea I know about jan and his decals I've bought a couple of sets. This battery manufacturer is looking for one of these batteries to reproduce it and I'm trying to locate one for them.

Ahh. Well best of luck with the search. Sounds like you're going to have a reference quality car by the time you're done. Hopefully the rest of us can benefit from the expertise you acquire. ;)

Well thanks but they aren't just going to make one for me. They actually make old style of batteries for all kinds of muscle cars and classics. They are interested in making this battery due to the demand for it since it was in more than our cars. So it would be available for sale to everyone.

The website for everyone is:

http://www.antiqueautobattery.com

Let me make a call to Richard Clark, Im sure he has a few...

Bryan

Richard has both batteries for our cars.

Pete

Pete,

Right the Heavy duty and the standard battery, but do they physically look the same? I know the label on top of them was different but the overall casing was the same yes?

Last edited:
Might also let the Corvette guys know. They're hot and heavy on this issue as well.