WTB: Complete motor + trans drop-out

MassiminoB

Hi all:

I'm new to this forum, but figured this would be the best place to get reasonable responses to a wanted ad. I've been mostly on V8buick (for my '65 GS) and opelGT (for the opel GT) forums. My opel is slowly coming along (the 12-pt cage is nearing completion), and it's time to start looking about drivetrains.

I'm looking for a complete motor + trans from a GN or T-Type. I'll take a built motor, to an extent. I don't need anything too crazy, as this will be going in a ~1900lb Opel GT. Below is my wish list; I'm willing to compromise on things, since I know it might be tough to get exactly what I'm looking for. I'll also consider a non-Turbo variety, but would require the non-turbo to be built to ~300+ hp - likely requiring performance heads, cam, injectors, etc.

Motor:
- As complete as possible, including: exhaust, turbo plumbing, turbo, intake, throttle body, injectors, oil pan, oil pump, water pump, etc, etc.
- ECU harness and computer
- About 400whp is the max I think the car will be able to handle. But, let me know what you've got.
- Motor must be in usable condition - that means no knocks, bent rods, low-compression cylinders, major leaks (I'm willing to change gaskets & main seals while the engine is out, but don't want to do an entire rebuild), or otherwise major work to get it operable & reliable

Trans:
- Again, complete is key;would like everything from tailshaft to torque converter to be there, and in usable condition
- Trans should be matched to the motor. That is, if the motor is 400hp, the trans should be built to handle it.

Rear:
- This might be a stretch here, but if anyone has a narrowed 9", 8.8", or 12-bolt to fit an Opel GT, let me know. If you need measurements from my stock rear to gauge if yours is in the ballpark, let me know.

I'd prefer something "local" to Columbus, OH - within 4 hours driving time - to save on freight. But, I won't rule out shipping if the price is right.

You can contact me through PM, or directly through e-mail: brett.mass at gmail (!dot!) com

Thanks in advance,
Brett

Welcome aboard Brett. Have you considered a Series II engine for your project? Some pics would be nice and you can add them in the hybred section. There's lots of info on adapting engines to different chasis in that section an a few of them are small cars like yours.:)

this was running when pulled in june/july been inside since. i do have a video on my phone of it running. gauge cluster showed 18,000 on the clock presumeably 118,000

the couple things not pictured i do have no worries there ! i have tons of good feedback on here so buy with confidence. all 3 of the guys above can tell you i have been around and all seen good things posted about me in the feedaback section.i also pay to sell parts here !

engine and tranny came out of this car

http://turbobuick.com/forums/thread...-tops-complete-car.342306/page-4#post-2877120

IMG_9955.jpg

IMG_8562.jpg

IMG_8541.jpg

IMG_8464.jpg

IMG_8190.jpg

IMG_2093.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

IMG_6590.jpg

Toomanymodz has a complete engine/tranny for sale for $2500.00. Great deal, he is in Florida.

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/complete-engine-and-transmission-combo.371080/

Good luck
Bryan

I did see that one. It looks like a really good deal. I'm a little worried that it might be TOO much motor for my little car, and I might not be able to take full advantage of it. I'll check into it, but right now I'm thinking something a little more subdued, but more complete (e.g. with harness, computer, and intercooler). Still, it's high on my option list at this point.

I'm thinking that a hot-air setup might work well for what I need. Plus, they aren't as desirable, which could help bring the cost down. The engine bay on these opels is really small, so it might be good to start w/o intercooler piping, and try to squeeze an intercooled conversion into it in the future. The first motor in this car is likely to be a guinea pig in a number of ways, so I don't need anything pristine or 100% original, but rather something that will work for 20k miles (~5 years by my calcs) without any major hiccups.

[quote=""
Have you considered a Series II engine for your project?
[/quote]

I looked at them a while back. The problem I saw was for the RWD platform, performance options were somewhat limited compared to the GN/T-Type motors. I could try converting the SC longitudinal setup, but I'm thinking that might be more hassle than it's worth. Simple = good in this car.[/quote]

I do know that one Opel conversion has been done but I haven't seen the guy on here in a few years. If I can remember who did it I'll post up his name and you can contact him to see what he did.:)

I do know that one Opel conversion has been done but I haven't seen the guy on here in a few years. If I can remember who did it I'll post up his name and you can contact him to see what he did.:)
Sent you a vid of the one I have running check your email thanks
jeff

I have a 87 GN that's wrecked but drives without a title listed in the Parts for Sale section.

Oh it's gonna be parted out when it gets to Monroe, N.C. If it wasn't damaged so badly, I would save it.
OK. Keep me in mind & let me know a price for the motor + harness & ecu, and a separate price for the trans when you get a chance. The motor might be the only thing worth paying freight on; trannys are relatively easy to come by around here.