WTB Casper's White Face Knock detector

Just not sure why after so long it just started leaking in this one area ? I will wait till I have all the gaskets and then take it apart again. Wondering if I missed a small piece of gasket or something. It’s like the gasket is not even touching there the crazy thing is it not leaking more after cranking it up without the bolt in it .

I did the oil filter adapter at work on a lapping table. but it is leaking from where the gasket and the cover is in the same place it was before but it was fine for a long time then just started leaking and still leaking at the same spot will have to take it down and check don't think its the surface of the cover if it was fine before . I am using a KB plate so its not the adapter that I can see.

I shoot for .002-.003" gear end clearance.
TA sells a packet of gaskets/shims that can be used to dial in the end clearance.

I cross drill the idler gear, glass bead the gears, and lap them on a surface plate. I run a 1/4-20 tap through the holes that mount the adapter to the cover. I use oil on the bolts and torque them with an inch/pound torque wrench. Overtorque or undertorque will mess with your end clearance.

I always buy Melling replacement gear kits and have had good luck with them. The aftermarket front covers can be problematic. You are much better off with a good GM cover. No HV gears are needed if the pump is blueprinted and setup properly.

Follow Dave's recipe, no plates, big gears and keep all the drilling to a minimum. :eek: