WTB ASAP - Rear Bumper Fillers - NOS or Near Perfect Used

Bodybag

GNX #451
Title says it all, I need a pair of NOS or really, really good used rear bumper fillers for '87 GN.

Please no reproduction plastic or fiberglass fillers, I have tried all of them and they do not fit right.

The car is currently in the body shop on hold until we can locate replacements for the broken original fillers. Contact me by PM here on the board, or call me directly @ 951-201-2391

Steve

A good body shop should be able to make the glass ones fit better than the originals. Glass ones do require more body shop work, but will last longer in the long run. PM user name "SPOOLFOOL2" alias Mike Barnard, on this forum. He just had his done in glass and they look simply beautiful and fit 100%. He might have some close up and personal pics of the fillers on this forum somewhere.

If that's the case he must have gotten MUCH BETTER glass fillers to begin with. The glass fillers I got are no where close to fitting as they are, and I seriously doubt any body shop could get them to fit 100%.

It sounds like I need to know where he got his glass fillers, any idea?

If that's the case he must have gotten MUCH BETTER glass fillers to begin with. The glass fillers I got are no where close to fitting as they are, and I seriously doubt any body shop could get them to fit 100%.

It sounds like I need to know where he got his glass fillers, any idea?

PM him with a hot link to this thread. He's generally on the forum several times a day. I see his car quite a bit and I will personally vouch for the fit & finish on the fillers, both front and rear. Now, on the other hand, not only does he use a top notch body shop, he also did some of the work on them himself. He had the read bumper fillers joined so they are a 1 piece & no longer a 2 piece set-up.
I believe that his are "Danco" manufacture, but not really sure.

Thanks Gary, I PM'd him already, I'll wait to see what he says. My body shop is reputable and has done work for me several times over the years, so I just need to get them something better to start with and we'll probably be OK.