WTB: Alpine radio

Those model numbers bring back so many fond memories of the 90's. Makes me wish I kept my 7909. It was considered by many the Holy Grail back then. I hope you find one.

I'm limited in my choices since the 7914 in my car has a custom made bracket and faceplate, that's why I'm looking for another one thatnhase the same measurements.

The 7909 is still the greatest, I'll take another one. I have the 7909, CDE7870 and CDA 9883 as well as a ton of old school audio stuff.

I'm looking for an Alpine 7914, 7904, or 7909 radio/cd player/head unit. Thanks.

Mark
Hey Mark, I have a 7909 with a 5959S changer never installed in a vehicle. I have to look again, but I should have have a 7903, 7904, 7915, 7949, 7969 and a few more I am forgetting. The 7915 is a 7914 but it was a pull out model. Not sure it you can convert the face, I would have to see pictures of your 7914. All these radios listed should work in the same opening. The 7903 is a pull out also, but not sure if I will sell this one as it is one of my favorites. Give me a call if interested.

Dave
516-285-1103

Thanks Dave. My 7914 works except it doesn't power up the remote turm on and the power antenna power. Here's a few pictures of how it is mounted. The 7914 itself is not modified, I had a custom surround plate made up to include a scanmaster. Only thing wrong with mine is the remote power on wire does not power up with the radio.

Attachments

• P1211549.JPG
    P1211549.JPG
    839.8 KB · Views: 83
  • P1211551.JPG
    P1211551.JPG
    765.9 KB · Views: 76
Nice adaptation with the scan master. I would have never thought of putting it there. Nice and clean. Do you have a toggle on the antennae now?

Dave,

Brand new 7909?? Now that is cool! Don't run into many new ones.

I also have one around here somewhere. Have to dig it up.

any ISO DIN radio will mount like you have your current unit. It just needs the detachable trim ring. Your opening is too low to use one.

I mounted mine a little higher to I'd still have some room for other stuff and could keep the trim ring.

April_1378HIFRANK.jpg

any ISO DIN radio will mount like you have your current unit. It just needs the detachable trim ring. Your opening is too low to use one.

I mounted mine a little higher to I'd still have some room for other stuff and could keep the trim ring.

April_1378HIFRANK.jpg
I like your style earl!!!! LOL

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a 7914 in the garage that I pulled out of my GN when I bought it in '06. I recall it basically working but don't know about the antenna power function. (My power antenna was dead at he time.) Wouldn't be too hard to power it up and test it if you're interested.

I have a 7839... ? sorry I know it's not what you're looking for but I didn't know there was such a want for old alpines.

Thanks Gerry. I need a head unit without an amp. My car has two standalone amps already.

David

Would you sell the 7909 unit.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

April_1378HIFRANK.jpg
Nice HEAD unit!!!!!!!