WTB: 9.5" Wide gold mesh GTA rims

dsmith4994

Wanted to Buy: 9.5" Wide WS6 gold mesh stock appearing custom GTA rims. Must be in mint condition. No tires or center caps needed. Only need two (2) rims

Made by True Design Wheel Co. or equivalent.

Must have the proven correct offset for the rear of the 1989 Trans Am GTA
If anyone knows the correct offset for the 9.5" rim could they post it or PM me with it in MM preferred but i can convert inches to MM. I do not want to use spacers to make these fit.

Let me kniow what you have or where to buy these new as i dont want to cut up my originals.....Thanks.....Dave......TTT

FYI: True design wheel company

i contacted the True Design Wheel Company and this was the reply:

Yes, we build the 16x9.5 GTA wheels. We build them for the Firebird application with the 4.75" backspacing and we, also, build the wheel for the Buick GNX using the 4.5" backspacing. The wheels we build are different for the GTA and the GNX.
We have some core wheels in stock. The price of the conversion of the GTA wheel to 9.5" is $435.00 each wheel plus the used wheel core charge of $150.00 each wheel. Freight to you is additional.
The process to make the 16x9.5 alloy wheel is as follows: We CNC machine the Pontiac wheel to the size for the new polished rimshell, strip the center completely,
"shrink" the center into the rimshell, powdercoat the gold on the center, weld the wheel on the inside, and true the wheel. The process takes about 2 weeks from receipt and deposit for the order.
Questions, please CALL us or Call us to place the order.
Thx, JIM LYON, TDW
800-621-6436
TRUDESIGN WHEEL INC.
6271 Beach St. #D
Denver, CO 80221
True Design Wheel
I am thinking due to high shipping costs that using the rims supplied by them might be cheaper than buying two rims and shipping them.....Dave.....TTT