NOT MINE (so please don't ask) - GTA Wheels, Navarre, FL

seedling

Hey Guys,

Like the tag line says these are not mine so please don't ask (as I don't know)! What I do know is that this guy is really nice and easy to deal with and he lives in Navarre, FL and he has a set of what I believe to be GTA Wheels (this is based upon his measurements) and his description of the markings on the wheels. In that, at least one of the wheels is marked "OFF-O" (on what he thought was the rear wheels, however I'm pretty sure this is the front wheels), as my understanding is that is what the GTA Wheels have. I'm telling you all of this because his ad said, GNX/Grand National Wheels and after some careful research they sound more like GTA Wheels to me. However, they are black measured and they appear to be in really good shape as well. I have no idea what GTA Wheels are worth, however he is asking $850. I was all set to buy these bad boys before I figured out that they were GTA Wheels. Anyways I hope this isn't a no - no (posting a link in here that is not mine), however I figured that somebody on here might want these wheels and this guy was super nice to deal with. So here is the link (forgive me and remove if I'm not allowed mods)!

http://okaloosa.craigslist.org/pts/5092537648.html

This is what I found on the differences between the two wheels, oh and he measured the backspacing and came up with 4.5" and 5.5" inches respectively. Which again is much closer to the GTA (in my opinion) than it is to the almighty and highly sought after GNX wheels! This is a cut and paste excerpt from either here or gn t type site??

Pontiac GTA rim manufacturer: JWL
Manufacturer info:
GTA rims were available only in 16x8.
The Pontiac GTA’s came fitted with these rims from 87-92.
GTA 86-88 are the non-dimpled 2 piece design.
GTA 89-92 are the dimpled 1 piece design.
The GTA’s are marked “front” and “rear”
Front offset:
Front backspacing: 4.75
Rear offset
Rear backspacing: 5.25
Notes: It has been stated that the dimpled style is more desirable. The reason GM made the dimpled style was because the non dimpled style center hub was weak and was prone to cracking. In addition, 4 fronts are more desirable due to the offset.

Buick GNX rim manufacturer: JWL
Manufacturer info:
GNX rims were available in 16x8.
Buick GNX came fitted with these rims in 1987.
All GNX rims were not dimpled and were a 2 piece design.
The GNX are marked “OFF-15” for the fronts and “OFF-23” for the rears. Both front and rear also have the marking of “8JJX16”.
Front offset: 15mm
Front backspacing: 3 15/16”
Rear offset: 23mm
Rear backspacing: 3 9/16”

Oooppppsss sorry didn't see this section, although I probably would not have thought it a fraud (just a confused seller who honestly didn't know)..... Either way, sorry!

Suggest if the seller wants to sell them, he registers. That way, he can answer all questions...