WTB--2.5 mph (export) front bumper insert

LawDog

Looking to shed some weight and can't seem to make it to the junk yard to find one myself. Looking for one that fits '87 GN at reasonable price. Thanks.

Re: 2.5 mph bumper insert

Thanks, I actually already ordered that exact set up (been waiting 3 weeks for delivery so far) but what I want is the insert which goes inside of the bumper and attaches to these bumper shocks/supports. I guess they were only made for a few years and placed in a limited amount of early 80's regals from what I understand.

>>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/alum...1QQcmdZViewItem

The export brace has the following part numbers, but these are no longer available from GM.

I thought i would give you a heads up, and try to help you out.

The part numbers for these brackets is 25517838 and 25517839

BW

Yes, the canadian export brace goes from front left to front right.

But i cut the center piece out, and only used the 2 "brackets" that attach the bumper to the shock absorbers.
Maybe someone will just sell you the brackets, instead of the entire piece,because it is long and more expensive to ship.

The only reason for the entire length is so you can reinstall the grey grill deflector shield, but weighs more ;)

Another alternative is to cut down the factory aluminum support to where you can only install 4 bolts to the bumper, that way is even lighter :biggrin:

Sorry to cut into your thread, just giving some advice as to how i got my front bumper down to 23 LBS
BW

Re: 2.5 mph bumper insert

I guess I wasn't understanding correctly...not having actually seen one of these, I was confused somewhat--I gotcha now. And you're not 'cutting' into my thread. . .I'll take all the advise I can get.
Thanks.

Yes, the canadian export brace goes from front left to front right.

But i cut the center piece out, and only used the 2 "brackets" that attach the bumper to the shock absorbers.
Maybe someone will just sell you the brackets, instead of the entire piece,because it is long and more expensive to ship.

The only reason for the entire length is so you can reinstall the grey grill deflector shield, but weighs more

Another alternative is to cut down the factory aluminum support to where you can only install 4 bolts to the bumper, that way is even lighter

Sorry to cut into your thread, just giving some advice as to how i got my front bumper down to 23 LBS
BW