WRX fans

Yeah you got me there. The neon doesn't have side airbags so I guess it doesn't qualify as street trim.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by turbot2496
Yeah you got me there. The neon doesn't have side airbags so I guess it doesn't qualify as street trim.:rolleyes:

I guess I did.

Automorph,

found one faster...

Anthony Thomas noted: Currently Gary Howell's Neon is the fastest SOHC/Automatic Neon in the country if not the world (at least online). But the fastest Neon belongs to Darrell Cox' Phatridez/Mopar Performance Neon, whose old Neon had a best time of 9.24@157. Their new SRT-4's best time at NHRA's World Finals in 2003 was 9.34, the quickest pass ever by a 2000+ model Neon (in time trials). It later ran 152mph (in a semi-final round lost) for the fastest trap speed by a 2000+ chassis. This car runs an 3 speed automatic, but built in-house by Phatridz.

Len Ayala should get a mention as well. The Hahn Racraft Neon has run the best of 9.44 and 147mph with a 2.4L DOHC engine and 3 spd automatic trans. Len's Neon was the first Neon into the 11s and 10s also without the help of wheelie bars. Len's Neon did 10.55@134 while still a street car that was driven on the weekends; it was contructed on a limited budget and has pretty much remained the same since the 2001 season save for some minor updates/upgrades.

Kevin Flint achieved a 11.46 second quarter mile at Rockingham Dragway on September 16, 2003, with his daily-driver (yes, he commutes in it) 1998 Neon. Equipped with a five-speed, SOHC engine, and turbo, it also has power locks, windows, and sunroof, but no passenger seat or back seat. He has won all four races at Rockingham that he has entered, including Imports at the Rock. Friend Darryl Cox is helping him equip the Neon with an automatic. Fast Fabrications is a sponsor.

Alrighty then... Let's see who can find the fastest/quickest 4 banger on the internet. Regardless on race trim/street trim.

Should be fun.

edit, with 4 wheels :D

I found this honda in the 6 second range at over 200MPH.

In addition to the Factory Performance Civic Si, Honda division displayed four other high performance models at SEMA. The Honda Element Concept takes Honda's hot-selling new model off road with an all-terrain, sport suspension, high performance Brembo brakes and huge 21-inch wheels and tires. The AEM/DriverFX.com Civic, driven by import racing legend Stephan Papadakis, features a 3.0-liter NSX V-6 engine and a chromoly steel chassis by Don Ness Racecars. In 2003, Papadakis drove this car to the World's Fastest Sport Compact and World's Quickest Honda titles with a 207.8 MPH trap speed and a 6.71 second ET. The King Motorsports Mugen S2000 features an assortment of performance accessories from Mugen and delivers intense performance designed for the street and the track. RJ DeVera's HFP/RO_JA Concept Honda Accord, powered by a 2.4-liter GReddy turbocharged i-VTEC TSX engine and featuring a Pure Styling Ro_Ja Ground Effects Kit, Sparco racing seats, 19-inch Ro_Ja Forged wheels and BF Goodrich tires, was also on display.

http://www.fast-autos.net/news/114032.html

WRX

I just worked with Ali at SEMA ---(He's a great guy!) his best time with his ESX WRX is 9.60 at 145 mph .... that's pretty impressive! I personally think as a whole the WRX is just a better car than any other in its class.. for what it comes with stock -- AWD, front and side airbags, seat belt pretentioners and force limitors -- reinforced "roll cage" frame -- reinforced side impact door beams -- dual stage collapsable steering column and safety brake pedal system -- Not to mention what is going on under the hood.
Also, the interior is nice ... I can appreciate what Subaru does.

Re: WRX

Originally posted by Doe Eyes
I just worked with Ali at SEMA ---(He's a great guy!) his best time with his ESX WRX is 9.60 at 145 mph .... that's pretty impressive! I personally think as a whole the WRX is just a better car than any other in its class.. for what it comes with stock -- AWD, front and side airbags, seat belt pretentioners and force limitors -- reinforced "roll cage" frame -- reinforced side impact door beams -- dual stage collapsable steering column and safety brake pedal system -- Not to mention what is going on under the hood.
Also, the interior is nice ... I can appreciate what Subaru does.

Wecome aboard Doe.........Your right, the WRX as a PACKAGE is one of the better cars in it's class.........:D ;)

http://www.racedeckracing.com/

4 cyl. - 4wheels

By the way Look at 8/14/04 date they plan on making the fastest full blown 4 cyl. ever. Using srt-4 engine Predicted to be over 225mph if someone can do it I believe its them. By the way if its going to be done I believe it will be done with srt-4 engine.

My WRX doesnt run 9s. Something must be wrong with it :(

Mine either. Its too cold out to put the stickers on.... :(

But that AWD was pretty fun in the snow!!!! :D

Re: WRX

We owned a Neon and it was sold and reliable as can be after 75k miles and 5 years. NO breakage at all and never let us down..

Originally posted by Foolis
Welp, AWD is going to cost you a little more than 8k. I have owned a Neon, and it was a total pos. It literally started to fall apart after 2 years. You abviously have never driven a WRX. It is 10x the car the Neon will ever hope to be. The WRX was built on Subarus rally program, unlike the str-4, which is a glorified Neon.

The str-4 is indeed a fast little car, but comparing its overall performance with a WRX is childish.
:rolleyes:

Foolis