Wrenching Gurus........need your help!

Red Regal T

I was really against changing over to Metric stuff 25 years ago. I saw no use in it.........Still don't. :( Now, I got all these metric wrench sets........regular length, stubbies, extra long. And also I have a lot of different kinds of socket sets..........what I was wondering is, what I should do with the 12mm size wrenches and sockets. They're all like new. Do you think I could sell them. Your input in this matter is of the greatest importance to me. :confused: :rolleyes:

keep them, because you will need them

if you ever work on anything off shore {honda,talon,mits, etc}. They use all the sockets and wrenches that look like the day you bought them like 7mm 9mm 12 mm 14mm 16mm and 18mm. I often thought about getting rid of these sizes, but the second you get rid of them you'll end up needing them for something.

You can never have too many tools.

It's not like they'll spoil...ha!

Don't feel bad....I even have a set of whitworth wrenches in the garage. (for working on old British stuff)

Two years ago, my wife bought me a set of Metrinch tools. That's the set I alway grab first since they will fit anything.

John

I noticed over the years a lot of wrench/socket sets don't include an 18mm which american cars use quite a bit. I never used a 9mm either. You think I could swap a couple of 12mm and a 9mm for an 18? Anybody? :eek:

Incidentally, for those who haven't noticed.....

6.5mm= 1/4"
8mm = 5/16"
11mm = 7/16"
13mm = 1/2"
14mm = 9/16"
16mm = 5/8"
19mm = 3/4"

WHOA!!!!!! I NEVER SAW A 12mm NUT OR BOLT...........YOU GOTTA' TELL ME WHERE THESE ARE LOCATED. POSSIBLY INSIDE THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER? :p

.03937????? ARE YOU SURE ???? :confused:

2.54 cm per inch

10 mm per cm

therefore 25.4 mm per inch

inverse... 1/25.4 = .03937 inches per mm

AAH......THE MISSING LINK. WITH THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION, I'LL BE ABLE TO FINISH MY BOMB! THANKS! :p

Originally posted by OKTurbo
2.54 cm per inch

10 mm per cm

therefore 25.4 mm per inch

inverse... 1/25.4 = .03937 inches per mm

I'm surprised an American would know all the conversions.:)
I work with them every day,that's how I know them.
Have fun with the bom...er' new toy.:D

Originally posted by Red Regal T
AAH......THE MISSING LINK. WITH THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION, I'LL BE ABLE TO FINISH MY BOMB! THANKS! :p
Dont mention the "B" word..the feds are watching !!:eek: