WOW over 50 Turbo cars on ebay...damn

slowcar

Banned
I have never seen this many on there.....is everybody trying to cash out or just pay bills?

There are only a few T's in the mix...mostly GN's

Not just turbo cars. All cars!

My brother is a huge Mercury Marauder enthusiast and I follow along their forums for their cars for sale and the prices are so low NOBODY can beleive it. Cars that sold last year at this time for $18,000 - same cars are for sale for $10,000 now.

Nobody wants toy cars until they can relax about their houses losing value :eek: Most reports say end of 2009 til the market hits rock bottom too.

If I sold my house, I'd be buying 1/2 the cars on this forum!

economy

I have 3 Turbo Buicks available. No luck selling them yet. Cost of fuel, insurance, etc. Sign of the times.

Sign of the times.

After every previous housing market crash, once it comes back up it comes up nice and fast. If anyone can hold on to their toy cars for another 1.5-2 years, I can almost guarantee all the prices go right back up to normal.

makes sense but there is still money out there...

GNX's are still holding a decent value...not what they were but not bad....it goes to show the rich get richer and the middle class get poorer in troubled times....besides our cars get great gas mileage if used as a daily driver......and for around $7-10k you can find a pretty decent car....my car is still for sale and at $6500 i will take it is a great example of a classic car with a/c and good gas mileage....and my car is in better then average condition.....so all in all I think the majority of the sales are for those who want to get something newer or just can't deal with the upkeep of the car now since it is over 20 years old....are our Turbo Buicks losing popularity with common folk?

as for the Marauder ....well

I am seeing SRT8'S 300's for through the auction now for under $20k....the Marauder was cool for it's time but with these super sedans selling now used at a fraction of what they once were new ...everything before that will drop in value as well....actually technically you can get a 2005 E55 at auction now for about $35k....this is a 500hp car with incredible brakes and runs the 1/4 in low 12's all day ....Benz quality to boot....this price reflects less then a new SRT8 and around the price of a loaded up G8 ....how is that for VALUE
not to also mention I am seeing S600's 2003-2004 selling for high 20's and low 30's as well and these car have 600 lbs. torque .and over 500 hp...massaging seats and air cooled seats and will run the quarter as fast as a new vette....WOW

Economy is in bad shape, and will get worse for some time.
Muscle car market flew up with the real estate market, and is now correcting.
Good buying opportunity?????
I am looking for 2 GN's. One mint low mile GN for myself, and a worked GN for a buddy. I hope to find the rite cars at current market pricing.

I am looking for 2 GN's. One mint low mile GN for myself, and a worked GN for a buddy. I hope to find the rite cars at current market pricing.

That's the problem, too many of the sellers are living in the past, when it was a bull market. They think their 50K mile car is worth $20K.

53,000 miles for $20K :eek:

I'm looking for another 86/87 turbo Regal. Any color but BLACK!!! Have a 87 GN and love black, just want something different. The problem is the sellers are not telling the whole truth about the cars. Spent all of last Sunday driving to look at a car. If the seller would have told me it had a big dent in the hood among other things, I would have never went. I realize there he was a typical used car sales man. Spent over $100.00 for nothing. :mad:

Stop and think about it, there has never been a housing market crash with the exception of the great depression unless I missed something. It will be years, 5-10 before the housing price gets even close to what it was 2 years ago. Im stuck with a house here in SW FL that I might get 60 cents on the dollar if I sold it now. But Florida is in worst shape than most places . I sure wish I could fint one of these 1/2 price limiteds though.

Stop and think about it, there has never been a housing market crash with the exception of the great depression unless I missed something.

The last major crash was in the late 80's. 1987 to be exact, Black Monday (October something) the real estate market crashed 22% in one day. Took about 4 years to recover.

Yes, shure did I remember that but Here the housing didnt crash . Sales slowed down but prices actually increased ! Florida had never had a decline in real estate value with the exception of the deppression ( all the retirees buying houses). Thats according to the local paper. Things are bad but never has real estate values declined nation wide like this before. Sure wish Ronnie was still well and in charge........!!!!

Haven't checked eBay but I have noticed here cars haven't been bringing what they'd typically bring. Makes me believe I paid too much for my car last October, not to mention taking a bath on a project I had pretty much done and was forced to sell last January.

I'd say so. Chances are it will eventually go back up. Take this opportunity and buy low today. I would if I had more to play with.

That's the problem, too many of the sellers are living in the past, when it was a bull market. They think their 50K mile car is worth $20K.

And I have noticed this too. Some still think their clapped out 72 Skylark is still somehow worth a gold mine. Typical of those that watch too much TV and develop Barrett-Jacksonitis.

I'm looking for another 86/87 turbo Regal. Any color but BLACK!!! Have a 87 GN and love black, just want something different. The problem is the sellers are not telling the whole truth about the cars. Spent all of last Sunday driving to look at a car. If the seller would have told me it had a big dent in the hood among other things, I would have never went. I realize there he was a typical used car sales man. Spent over $100.00 for nothing. :mad:

Tell me about it!!! Other down fall, nothing is never close!!!! Couple of months back, drove 500 miles to Ohio to look at a 10k mile car, that
RAY CHARLES could have told you the car had both quarters repaired, and horrible at that!!!!! Talk about a waste of time & money!!
Hoping for something good to come, in time it will.

After every previous housing market crash, once it comes back up it comes up nice and fast. If anyone can hold on to their toy cars for another 1.5-2 years, I can almost guarantee all the prices go right back up to normal.

Sorry to tell you this, but this isn't like any time before, we are in uncharted territory now. It isn't just real estate.

That's common these days, morons wasting your time when they could have been up front in the first place. After being into cars for 25 years, I can honestly say it's gone downhill in that regard. I decided 5 years ago I will not go anywhere without quality pictures, period.

I see you are located in Pittsburgh. I will be selling an 86 T-Type in September in Pittsburgh if you are interested, but it won't be cheap. I've known the car for 20 years so the history is rock solid. Car is gray on gray, 40k miles, tasteful mods, hardtop car, rare options, excellent condition.

car value

yes the economy is bad at this time, but it will bounce back, everything goes around in cycles. I have had my 87 t-type for sale here for some time now. the car has a rebuilt engine, many performance mods, 373 posi rearend. New interior, needs paint clearcoat is peeling. Has t-tops with two rot spots, car is straight and solid otherwise, only problem is everyone wants it for nothing. Been looking to swap for a GN, NO TAKERS.Worse comes to worse i will part the car out, or sell as a roller.

The problem is the sellers are not telling the whole truth about the cars. Spent all of last Sunday driving to look at a car. If the seller would have told me it had a big dent in the hood among other things, I would have never went. I realize there he was a typical used car sales man. Spent over $100.00 for nothing. :mad:

Alot of this going on.

Should I have posted my findings about this T-Type on the sale post? :confused: Unless you spent some time in body shops or in the car biz most of the body issues could be missed.