WOW, does anyone know this car on eBay

Looked at this car on 12-31. Nice car, It is A real GNX but the way it is, I look at it is a very fast Regal. As for the body has scrapes in paint on lr 1/4 and rear bumper, hole in rf wheel well and melted from header, holes drilled threw spare tire well for battery cables under hood mat ripped from pipes and air cleaner, outher wise can be put back to stock, front speaker grill cracked like most, dash plaque glued to gnx number plaque, glove box missing. factory gas tank missing. turbo contol drilled to center console. As far factory parts thay ARE NOT included in price on ebay, he wants 22,000 for factory drive train and parts. The heater box cracked, rims missing, gas tank, sender and fuel pump are also missing. I did not see the factory fuel lines or brake lines but I did not go threw the boxes.

As of the auction on ebay I am high bidder as of right now but reading the auction I thought I was getting the car and all factory parts (that is what it says). HE said it is just the car and the parts are 22 grand extra the guy who listed it messed up.

thanks for your time jim

Looked at this car on 12-31. Nice car, It is A real GNX but the way it is, I look at it is a very fast Regal. As for the body has scrapes in paint on lr 1/4 and rear bumper, hole in rf wheel well and melted from header, holes drilled threw spare tire well for battery cables under hood mat ripped from pipes and air cleaner, outher wise can be put back to stock, front speaker grill cracked like most, dash plaque glued to gnx number plaque, glove box missing. factory gas tank missing. turbo contol drilled to center console. As far factory parts thay ARE NOT included in price on ebay, he wants 22,000 for factory drive train and parts. The heater box cracked, rims missing, gas tank, sender and fuel pump are also missing. I did not see the factory fuel lines or brake lines but I did not go threw the boxes.

As of the auction on ebay I am high bidder as of right now but reading the auction I thought I was getting the car and all factory parts (that is what it says). HE said it is just the car and the parts are 22 grand extra the guy who listed it messed up.

thanks for your time jim
I too would assume the factory parts are included in the auction from the photos of all the factory parts included.
Sounds like a real job to return it back to stock, too bad all the parts arent there.

Thanks for the information, that might save someone alot of greif if they bid to win and didnt get everything they thought they would in that auction.

BW

I too would assume the factory parts are included in the auction from the photos of all the factory parts included.

No assuming required. Not only are the photos of the original drivetrain there, it explicitly states in the written description:
* The original drive train is included in this auction as show in the pictuires

Something is fishy if the owner says those are not included yet the auction house hasn't placed a correction in the auction. It's not like a potential buyer thinks they're getting a car cover or something. It's a GNX drivetrain for Heaven's sake! That could make for a nasty, post-auction argument! :eek:

Thats impressive but he needs to describe the car in more detail. Definately looks like quality work but one never knows. That GNX dash looks close but its off slightly. I sold mine a couple years back. Looks nice tho.

I think he's dreaming tho at that price in todays market.

If I won that acution, I'd have that drivetrain or the owner and the seller would have a lawsuit on their hands.

The car is now off ebay. I was high bidder on car. I contacted the owner and made a offer on the car . I am plaining to pick up in two weeks. I will let you know how it goes.

jim

It's pointless now that it's been removed and I had no plans on bidding, but the seller had a picture of the engine, tranny and rear end and in the description it said that the original drivetrain goes with the car as pictured. So if I had placed a bid and won the auction, I would expect to get the drivetrain. If they refused, I would sue the owner and seller. And I would win.

That seems strange. Smoke, why is this guy going through an iSold It for the sale?

Now the car is relisted on ebay with a starting bib of 74,999.00 with drivetrain included
eBay Motors: Buick : Regal (item 260199509765 end time Jan-09-08 16:30:57 PST)

I guess he didn't take your offer ??

Now it sounds like a lot of money for a real GNX with a lot of original stuff still missing, and a lot of work (and $$$ ) to return to original.

Or a lot of money for a streeter GNX with a twin turbo small block chevy powerplant....I wonder what it is capable of running in the 1/4 ??

Anyone spending $75k on that car should get his head examined....:rolleyes: I like how the ad say "1987 ORIGINAL GNX GRAND NATIONAL COUPE 87 NR"....lol yea original. This guys scamming. Smells like BS to me. Id be suprised if it really is a GNX to begin with. The dash definately does not look like the original dash I had a couple years back. Its a nice ride but it aint that special by a looooong shot. It might be worth 1/2 that.... maybe.

You can see the vin number. Just have the GN registry run the vin sequence!! That will determine a real car!!

what is this car worth. it is a real gnx i checkrd the heater box. and rpo lable on trunk. and he has the window sticker. I was giving him 40k and he can keep all the gnx parts.

IMO, you'd be better off taking the GN drivetrain and leaving him with the twin turbo setup.

To seperate the original motor and drivtrain from a real GNX is not real smart.
I thought you were getting the drivetrain too. :eek: