Would like to get a 87 Turbo Regal .ads ALDL definition file.

Is this what your looking for?
Thanks but unfortunately these files are useless on a T-Regal.

I'm working on the XDF file posted earlier in this thread by Turbo1dr.
I hope to have it finished, or at least ready to post later this week. The file contains alot of good stuff and although I'm adding a few more items, the most often changed items are in the original file.

I'm just adding comments, checking everything (calculations, labels, etc.), and making all temperature values in degF. There are enough entries now that I thought adding "categories" would be helpful. I find it much easier to find what you're looking for if you can display just related items, like "spark advance" or "idle control" for example.

Carl, if you read this, I converted your ECU file and it works fine. I went with the EDF file from Turbo1dr because it has everything that's in your file plus more. I think you'll like the new version I'll be posting soon.

When I'm done we'll have a complete (and accurate) XDF and ADS file for the 86/87 T Regal and it will be "open source".

Thanks guys for the time and work involved with these files. I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished .ads file for TunerPro.

dennisL said:

I hope to have it finished, or at least ready to post later this week. The file contains alot of good stuff and although I'm adding a few more items, the most often changed items are in the original file.

I'm just adding comments, checking everything (calculations, labels, etc.), and making all temperature values in degF. There are enough entries now that I thought adding "categories" would be helpful. I find it much easier to find what you're looking for if you can display just related items, like "spark advance" or "idle control" for example.

Carl, if you read this, I converted your ECU file and it works fine. I went with the EDF file from Turbo1dr because it has everything that's in your file plus more. I think you'll like the new version I'll be posting soon.

When I'm done we'll have a complete (and accurate) XDF and ADS file for the 86/87 T Regal and it will be "open source".

They work fine for me on my gn.

Attached is zipped file that includes everything you'll need for TunerPro: The ADS file for data monitoring, the XDF file for chip data definitions, and an 87 stock bin for convenience. There are also new text files to track revision history.

I hope you find these helpful and I do appreciate feedback since I don't have a cable for the ALDL data. Does the WinALDL cable work with TunerPro?

Attachments

• TPro Buick87TRegal.zip
    24.2 KB · Views: 211
Sorry to bring back a thread from the dead, I just picked up a buick wagon with a GN drivetrain (g-body). And I've searched for a few hours for tunerpro stuff for this ride. This post was a godsend. Turbo1dr, I see you over maliburacing often. I've been doing diy tuning on a few vehicle for a few years. Good to see there was enough interest to do chip tuning for the turbo buick. Thanks guys.

You sure got me confused!!!! those files are exactly for TunerPro RT and the Turbo Buick. They are designed for running with Translator Pro v4.4

If you have a newer version of TransPro like 4.8 or 5.0, then there are also .ads and .xdf files over on FullThrottleTech's website.
Abundant files, ESPECIALLY for Turbo Buicks!!!

Is there any particular reason the .ads and .xdf files posted on FullThrottleTech for the Turbo Buicks aren't doing what you need.
I use Turner Pro RT on my GN every day.

Did not know there were any over there.

Thanks for the heads up I will check it out.

So far I can say that the ones I got from here are working correctly.

Now all I need is some 2732A chips and chip holders. Then I can go to town.

I have a car that has a terrible tip in stumble that I am going to try and clear up with this. I can wait to modify my ECM this weekend and start using the RT portion of it.

I'm confused as to what you're trying to accomplish. You do know that there are several GREAT chip vendors that can get your car running GREAT, right?

There are plenty of good chip vendors out there.

I however have been tunning some LS1 and blower V6 cars with HPTuners.

I needed to tune myown LT1 and had another customer who needed a stock blank PCM flashed so they can get their car running so I can tune that.

After purchasing the software and interface hardware I realized I can now burn my own chips. I found that I could upgrade my burning apps for the LC2 ECM. The hardware software allows me to connect a laptop, hardware and stock ECM together and run the ECM with a Real Time emulator. I can make changes on the fly to the emulator and scan to see the performance changes. After I get the car tuned the way it seems to run best, I can then burn the chip and insert into the customers ECM and they are good to go.

I am not going to sell chips nor am I going to stop using chips like my maxeffort or Turbo Tweak as these are great for most customers cars and are much more cost effective than having me tune their car. However it does allow me to mess with my own and on that rare occasion that I need to custom make something for reasons I cant forsee yet.

I am not trying to accomplish anything but play with my own car and maybe fix another car with a small but noticeable tip in stumble since I now have the tools.

The tunerproRT is what I am using and thank you for the input that is great info.

Hope that helps

X2.

I have 8 vehicles, most are fuel injected and the factory ECM's are modified so I can use a 27SF512 PROM. (unless LSx) I tune and burn all my own chips.

You could go to Moates.net, get the G2 adapter with the .45 pin spacing for your 7148 ECM. This will allow you to burn and re-burn many times on a 27SF512 chip.

I use tunerpro, and HP tuner on my cars, and friends.

I am not trying to accomplish anything but play with my own car and maybe fix another car with a small but noticeable tip in stumble since I now have the tools.
Machinegun, I just wanted to say I'm glad to see another tuner on the scene. Very few people are experimenting with these cars today as compared to the late 80's and the 90's. I miss the discussions and debates we used to have in this Computer Chips section.

Any how, If you don't already know it, there is no single item in the chip that if changed, will fix the tip-in stumble. We discovered a long time ago that some performance and driveability gains can be had with "tweaks" to the data values but to get the most out of it requires code changes as well.

In my opinion, the major cause for tip-in stumble is incorrect AE (acceleration enrichment). The stock setup squirts too little at the start of AE then when it reaches the max, too much is being put in. I welcome any thoughts or opinions on this, and if there are some we should start a new thread.:D

I agree on that. If you have a wide band that is great for seeing the AE. You can use the INT value too, but the slow baud rate of the ALDL hampers you a bit. Since the INT is the short term fuel correction, you may be able to catch it if it is lean, or rich.

Did you jack up the FP or put bigger injectors in? You may be rich in the AE giving you the stumble.

I set the FP at 43lbs and leave it there (unless it's time for state inspection). I use larger injectors but the purpose is for more fuel on the top end. The change that made a difference was with the AE parameters in the chip and yes, trying to monitor the AE fuel as you make changes is not easy. I use Direct Scan extensively and this helps but to be honest, the "seat of pants" feel was the deciding factor. Many, many trial and error attemps were made before the final numbers were picked.

I didn't think to look at INT while experimenting. I assumed that small changes to AE would not be reflected in the Integrator since the AE injector pulses are so small. Without definitive feedback it was a slow process to get the AE fuel right but once you do, what a difference it makes.

Well dennisL we will probably have some good discussions then.

I would aggree that AE is probably the most important part here. I would also say that base timing and the timing ramp will also make a difference too.

I will say I need to play with this as I do no have the number of params to play with like I would in an LT or LS based ECM. I will say though I am spending way too many hours in the garage with this thing. So far the tuner cat and tuner pro seem to be evenly matched in this arena, the only advantage tunerpro has is the ability to scan while doing emulating. I dont do it but it can be done just too lazy to try and make it work and going back and forth is not that hard.

We will stay in touch just for the fun of it. I am grateful for any input you may have.

I will be playing with some 60 lb injectors on my own car here very shortly.

I am also wondering if these 009 injectors are just inheritantly more susceptible to the tip in stumble.

I will look into this hope to play some more this week.

I am especially looking at the AE.

I was looking at doing the G2 adapter so i can also do the 512 flash chip.

You only need to change the offset to use it correct?

I already did a G2 to the one ECM so I can use my autoprom for chip emulation. Now that is alot of fun so far.

I am glad I bought the stuff for the LC2 stuff.

If you have any BIN's you would like to share let me know.

Machinegun, does the G2 adapter have to be soldered to the ECM? I ask for 2 reasons - the factory chip socket is a little tricky to remove and the other reason is they used 2 different pin spacings. Some ECMs have 0.45" and some have 0.60". I made my own adapter but not one for a larger chip, its so I can use a normal chip socket. Before I did the conversion I picked up a refurbed ECM in case I screwed the original, but it turned out OK.

The ECM wants to see a 4k prom so if you can shift the offset, you can store a bunch of chip images in one 512k chip.

Let me know when you're ready to play with numbers, I'll be able to help. Do you have a definition file that defines all the data items? It makes a good reference when making changes.

Hey guys, just did the G2 adapter using the .45 pin spacing, was a little tricky, no biggie though. I have the correct offset for burning a 4k bin on a 27SF512 chip using TunerPro RT. Emulation is flaky sometimes though, haven't been able to figure out why yet. I have a few bins I could share if you'd like. I believe a few are stockers, the I got a bin from a pitbull chip and a hypercrap chip that came with the car.