Would anyone recommend Kirban's Book

LomoMike

GN Rookie
Would you guys recommend buying Kirban's book to have on hand as a reference? Found a copy for $99

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 188
That price sounds a little crazy but the book is worth having. I have one in my collection.

I'd highly recommend Kirbans book that was the very first book I wrote over 400 pages its in its 5th printing. I wrote several others after that two others that really provide a lot of tips based on selling over 300 of the 1986-1987 Turbo Regals is our tips and trivia volume 1 and 2. None of these books have ever been out of print.

More power to the source shooting for a $99 price tag....normally author has to be dead or the book out of print or autographed to fetch big money.......my Dad on the other hand wrote over 50 books several topped l/2 million in sales.....none of my books have reached that lofty level!

That 400 page book was a lot of work to do and took over a year to do.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

you can find his books all over ebay....his name is salem kirban wrote his first book based on going to vietnam as a private citizen to see me in 1967....most o fhis books center on either health or the book of Revelation. he has been mentioned by Stephen King in his books. his biggest seller was the book 666....

the ones worth big money today are the leather bound King James version of the Bible if he signed it these Bibles include the charts he designed....they can fetch $350 to $500 each as the leather bound ones where not widely made....

unlike most authors he held all the rights to his books for the most part of his life.....

so basically you can say he wrote on a higher level than I do!

over the years I have discovered some of my turbo customers actually have some of my Dads books and never realized it that I was related.....my family is even pictured in some of his books and I used to travel with him during the 1970s all over the country.

sorry for getting long winded.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Interesting, i will have to check them out,love reading. Although our friend jim dunn told me to stop reading crap about my car,hahahahaha. Thanks Gene.

Would you guys recommend buying Kirban's book to have on hand as a reference? Found a copy for $99
Dennis is a good dude and his book is well worth the money, I look at things like this.... the first time something that you learned from his book or any other for that matter helps you out, you just saved yourself more than the cost, I have a nice small library of stuff now...... buy from his website tho....

Dennis is a good dude and his book is well worth the money, I look at things like this.... the first time something that you learned from his book or any other for that matter helps you out, you just saved yourself more than the cost, I have a nice small library of stuff now...... buy from his website tho....
Will do!

To me the book is a good conservative approach to getting the most out of your car keeping a stockish setup without hacking it up, written basically pre internet..

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I remember getting the same book from Postons way back in the day... It had a white cover but was the same book.

Here is another one

How many of you guys remember this book?

Would you guys recommend buying Kirban's book to have on hand as a reference?
Yes definitely. (y) It's a "must have" for any turbo Buick enthusiast with lots of info about little details like emblem placement, most of the available options numbers, brakes, interior, exterior info, etc…

Claude.

I have that book but had forgotten about the comic drawings. The dog on the car is my favorite. Great book to have... I'll have to pull it off the shelf dust it off and read again. lol

Any book that Dennis wrote is worth having. Who else that is active in the TR world has wrote anything. His Father had a gift as a writer, I have a number of his books, as well as my church's library.

I have a copy of the kirban guide i would sell for much less the cover is a little beat up but its a great book $99 is crazy

I would recommend all of kirbans books as I used them when I purchased my GN. Great tips and stuff that will save you a heart break or headache on buying one these beasts. The turbo buicks are a breed of their own and you really can't compare these g-bodies to say a olds 442, or a monte SS. Dennis points out what stuff are critical on these cars that no one else has put in writing. My vote is to buy all his books. Dp

I was able to score both that one and his book about buying and selling Buick TR's on his Thanksgiving mini sale. A lot of the stuff I knew, some I didn't, but an excellent reference all the same, especially since it was written by a Legend who has forgot more about these cars then I'll probably ever know!