Worlds fastest Syclone 9,84/143,6mph

Originally posted by myclone
A vid of a 1/4 mi pass or a pic of a time slip would be nice..

The video and times will be released at the end of the season.
We are busy making money on the streets with this beast.

Stay tuned boys and girls! :eek:

Congrats on the 9.84 robert.

Does anyone know what turbo is on that truck in the video (midwest Syclone)? comp. and exhaust wheel?

BigAl...

Originally posted by Syclone Dude
Congrats on the 9.84 robert.

Does anyone know what turbo is on that truck in the video (midwest Syclone)? comp. and exhaust wheel?

BigAl...

Dave had posted that the turbo is a PT76GTS.... Pretty sure that it is rated at 1100hp at the FW....

Dave, you and your bro would make a crap load of money down here with that truck on the street just as long as you don't pop the hood!:cool: :eek:

Originally posted by 86brick
Dave had posted that the turbo is a PT76GTS.... Pretty sure that it is rated at 1100hp at the FW....

Dave, you and your bro would make a crap load of money down here with that truck on the street just as long as you don't pop the hood!:cool: :eek:

so i was sitting here thinking about 1100 HP at the flywheel so i did some calculations.

1100 x 30% drivetrain loss (AWD i assume) and you get 770hp
770 hp is a lot BUT according to the ET by HP and weight formula you will be right at 9.55 this is in a 3400 pound truck.

again 9.55 is fast but i dont think that it is fast enough to be making ridiculous claims that you have the worlds fastest syclone.
you havnt even ran it yet so those calculations are all you have. now lets say you were making 1100 to the ground and you truck weighed 2800 lbs then you could be making some pretty tall claims. but all we have seen is a video of the truck running at idle woopdeedoo lets see some slips, a dyno pull, or some street racing action against a proven car.
or better yet let us know more of the build, what tranny, how many transfercase's have you killed, front diff? rear diff? weight? anything?

Josh

I little Birdie just told me that an AWD v-6 Syclone went 9.84 @ 143MPH on its second or third pass ever. I wonder what it will run with some real boost through it???

Originally posted by John Wilde
I little Birdie just told me that an AWD v-6 Syclone went 9.84 @ 143MPH on its second or third pass ever. I wonder what it will run with some real boost through it???

Yes it is true, on the second shakedown pass the truck went 9.84.3 @ 142.6 with a 1.6 60 ft. We turned up the boost on the third pass from 18 to 20 pounds and broke the rear ring gear on the launch. We are very impressed with the low boost performance on a conservative tune up. The new rear should be in the truck in the next few weeks, then back out to the track to throw it down again!

We are anticipating high 140 to 150mph out of this combo when the bugs are worked out.

Hey KGB Pilot, since you couldn't run mid 9's with a REAL Syclone we will show you how it's done.

Originally posted by top gun
Yes it is true, on the second shakedown pass the truck went 9.84.3 @ 142.6 with a 1.6 60 ft. We turned up the boost on the third pass from 18 to 20 pounds and broke the rear ring gear on the launch. We are very impressed with the low boost performance on a conservative tune up. The new rear should be in the truck in the next few weeks, then back out to the track to throw it down again!

We are anticipating high 140 to 150mph out of this combo when the bugs are worked out.

Hey KGB Pilot, since you couldn't run mid 9's with a REAL Syclone we will show you how it's done.

So much for my little birdie;)

Looks like the record is in serious jeopardy!!!

Dave, congrats to you and your brother for tying the current AWD Syclone record on only the second shakedown pass with low boost and a conservative tune! You guys sure don't play around!:) :cool:

Ouch!!!!:eek:

i never tried to go fast with a v6. pretty sure that if i wanted to spend a crapload of money on a v6 i could have, just didnt make a lot of sense after seeing my friends a sy owner that has a stroker motor and another friend that has a stage 2 motor. then after hearing about chows stuff when he came to idaho to tune a friends buick i decided that a twin turbo v8 is the way to go. and its still got a sy vin so thats good enough for me.

anyways now that you have proved how fast the truck is what are you guys doing for transfercase? i think that is going to be my weak link. well that and the tranny when i go back to a 700r4. i have talked to the guys at g force but they didnt think that they could match up the transfer case. also leaving with a clutch would be hard on driveline. mine is going to be setup for 5 psi out of the hole and when i shift to 2nd its going to go to 8-10 then when i hit 3rd maybe 12-15. it all depends on the motor and where we dyno on 12 psi we are trying to stay below 850 at the tires for now. in all honesty nobody ever expected these numbers out of the combo not even the original builder. the 821 was put down using 2 60-1 turbos at 12psi. and 32 degrees of timing locked down.

i think that if i can scrape enough money together over the winter i would like to build a low compression 377 or 383 with a dart block. with the new turbos that would make a potent combo on pump gas.

Originally posted by mhoover
i know you guys arent counting us out!

MATT

Matt,

I heard that you guys are getting a custom set of headers built and a GT47. That should give you a little more stop end! :eek:

Well better do it soon cause your no longer tied anymore.

http://nalle.puh.org/~sundis/syclonerobban_9.78_229_bysundis_widedivx.avi

headers yes. the exhaust flow was restricted a great deal. GT47 no. we dont need anymore "stop end!" :) should get to make a pass in a couple of weeks

MATT

Originally posted by mytyphoon1993
Well better do it soon cause your no longer tied anymore.

http://nalle.puh.org/~sundis/syclonerobban_9.78_229_bysundis_widedivx.avi

Congrats to Robert on the new best. I am not really worried I didn't see his trap speed go up, so I know he is still making the same power, just trimmed a little off his 60 foot. Still a great pass. I hope he has some more left in the truck for more mph, I would really like this continue.
I know my truck has at least a 147-148 mph in it. My 60 ft. will come with time.

Mike B

Originally posted by KGB Pilot125
i never tried to go fast with a v6. pretty sure that if i wanted to spend a crapload of money on a v6 i could have, just didnt make a lot of sense after seeing my friends a sy owner that has a stroker motor and another friend that has a stage 2 motor. then after hearing about chows stuff when he came to idaho to tune a friends buick i decided that a twin turbo v8 is the way to go. and its still got a sy vin so thats good enough for me.

anyways now that you have proved how fast the truck is what are you guys doing for transfercase? i think that is going to be my weak link. well that and the tranny when i go back to a 700r4. i have talked to the guys at g force but they didnt think that they could match up the transfer case. also leaving with a clutch would be hard on driveline. mine is going to be setup for 5 psi out of the hole and when i shift to 2nd its going to go to 8-10 then when i hit 3rd maybe 12-15. it all depends on the motor and where we dyno on 12 psi we are trying to stay below 850 at the tires for now. in all honesty nobody ever expected these numbers out of the combo not even the original builder. the 821 was put down using 2 60-1 turbos at 12psi. and 32 degrees of timing locked down.

i think that if i can scrape enough money together over the winter i would like to build a low compression 377 or 383 with a dart block. with the new turbos that would make a potent combo on pump gas.

KGB, why would you go back to the 700r4? I also think the transfer case will be the weak link but I have a couple of things I am going to try with it that should help.
You ran a good number with your combo, but I still think I can knock it down with my little v6 single, maybe not this year but next year for sure. I think.:D

Mike B