World's fastest Mercedes Benz CL55 runs 10.98 @127.98mph at PBIR.

No; CL55 is a supercharged V8. The CL65 is the one you're thinking of, which has a twin-turbo V12. They stopped making the 55 in 2006 I believe (when the body style changed) and replaced it with the N/A 6.2 V8 in the CL63 (and then I think they replaced that too, with a smaller, twin-turbo V8.) My dad had a silver CL55 like the one in this video, it was brutally fast but unbelievably nice to drive.

Is the one in the video modded somehow? I would believe the car could pull a time like that bone stock.

As Vampire said it is a factory supercharged V8 (5.4) with some mods and a 100 shot.

As Vampire said it is a factory supercharged V8 (5.4) with some mods and a 100 shot.

Aha! So that explains the 10-second slip. I wonder what mods besides N20? I feel like something with the tune (I don't remember the car shifting like that. And I tried. :D )

I drove that car every chance I got and it pulled HARD. It built massive torque like my GN, but felt like it was carved out of a single block of steel, then wrapped in leather, suede and wood. AMG cars are just incredible. *sigh*

That's almost as much as my GMC pickup!

That body style CL also introduced the Active Suspension, which countered roll, squat and dive by instantly adjusting the pressure in air shocks on all four corners to keep the car even keel at all times (I heard the MBZ engineers actually developed it to lean into corners like a motorcycle, but it was too unnerving to test drivers.) Look how flat it stays at the launch and throughout the run.

Such a badass car! Man this thread is making me really miss it. BTW I love the way it sounds at the 2-3 shift! (Chirping the tires at probably 80 MPH...sick.)

damn comfy and fast...Prob only run allowed, im sure they kicked him the phuck out of PBIR with that time slip