Working on a new style cold air kit!

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Let's just say it will be a bit cheaper in cost but a little more work to install. Will involve relocating the fuel vapor canister to the frame rail and moving the vacuum canister ball. All I'm going to say for now!

Nothing earth shattering. Just eliminating going thru the radiator support. Purists won't be interested as you have to cut a hole in the driver's side inner fender in the area where the fuel vapor canister is. You can however, always go back to mounting the canister back to the stock location, it will just have an opening underneath it. Is easy to relocate the canister to the frame rail. Only headache is relocating the vacuum ball as it is mounting right where the filter will now be.

Already have it figured out and I am waiting for the hardware to come in for mounting it under the headlight bucket on the driver's side.

Advantages will be the cold air kit will be cheaper, will also eliminate a 45 degree bend. Should have it ready for sale by the end of this week.

sounds like something id be intrested in..
will it be ava in 4inch ?

"im no way near a purist"

Well, from the MAF sensor it is 4" and right now it is installed on my GN with a LS1 3.5" MAF sensor. Will also work with the 3" LT1 and stock Buick sensor. Will also mock up a 4" MAF pipe with it and also a 4" inlet pipe (NO MAF)

Here are some spy photos.:biggrin:

Attachments

• newstylehole.JPG
    newstylehole.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 199
Trick idea, I ditched the fuel vapor cannister and the vacuum ball so interested in seeing the price.

What about those going mafless, will you have an option for a longer inlet pipe??

Feedback on sound wouldn't hurt for those of us who like to scare people walking on the side of the road. :eek:

Trick idea, I ditched the fuel vapor cannister and the vacuum ball so interested in seeing the price.

What about those going mafless, will you have an option for a longer inlet pipe??

Feedback on sound wouldn't hurt for those of us who like to scare people walking on the side of the road. :eek:

same question, as i am mafless also

Will be working on mocking up a 4" inlet pipe over the weekend. Going to have a new page up on the site for a complete kit from the turbo to the air filter in all the various combos.

thanks Mark and keep up the great work... i have almost all the overlays and other products you sell on my TType