Woodward Ave. Cruise in Detroit

GNRick

Retired member
Any Buick clubs planning on going this year? Main day is Sat. Aug. 16, 2014 but it goes on all week before that day. Maybe we can all get a parking lot together.

Once I get my car running more near 100% it'll be a decent cruiser, once I get the rust holes fixed it might be a decent day cruiser, now it's just kinda rough. Is quick tho.
Need to find patch panels for the lower rear quarters in front of the tires and a decent body shop that is worth a shit around here as most of them either charge too much or suck or combination of overpriced and suck lol. I know one place that is good, but every car they do has multiple skim coats of filler to cover their shotty weld lines. I mean once painted their cars look good, but a few years of actually driving and the paint starts cracking. Last time I was there they had an mg that was in a light rear ending accident, they had restored the car a few years back and I could count enough layers to add up to about 1/8-3/16" where it had all cracked off...

Took mine out on Woodward today. For it's first ride out. weren't to many people out. Just a few ricers at 13 1/2 and woodward

I can say that motorcity burgers bordering pontiac has great food, and lots of windows to watch your ride ;)

During the cruise for the last 8 years I have only made it down to Royal Oak at best, I normally just get tired of sitting in traffic and tend to cruise around the loop where you see more action.

For some reason the loop area has more idiots that break things lmfao, watched a jeep blow a drive shaft while trying to burnout, watched a guy do a burnout in front of a cop back in the pontiac police days too, he was on crowd control I guess, whereas in Royal Oak a buddy got pulled over by a bike cop when his s-10 chirped hard grabbing second, gave him a ticked for noise pollution but first pulled him over saying he did a burnout lol.

I am only a 10 minute drive from Woodward, if easter wasn't drawn out I had planned on going out tonight for a bit, historical plate and all.

I always go and have gotten lucky a few years and not so lucky a few on parking spots. GNRICK is right, why don't we get a parking lot together for the GN/TTYPE's? I see other specific models have their own lots.

Hey guys it's getting closer. Can anyone suggest a town/hotel to stay at? Someplace safe for me and my car, hopefully under $100/night. Thanks.

Don't you Turbobuick guys meet at the Moose Preserve in Bloomfield Hills on Thursday any more? I don't have my TTA with me, but have been trying to generate interest on the Turbo Trans Am forum to try to meet up with T-Types and GNs.

Don't you Turbobuick guys meet at the Moose Preserve in Bloomfield Hills on Thursday any more? I don't have my TTA with me, but have been trying to generate interest on the Turbo Trans Am forum to try to meet up with T-Types and GNs.

It's actually on Wednesday night, not Thursday. There's another thread on this board acknowledging it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hopefully this link will work

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/index.php?posts/3433889

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks. I found the link earlier today. Haven't used this forum in a long time and the Moose Preserve meet posted in the Great Lakes section - that I didn't see before. People from Michigan like me consider themselves to be mid-westerners but also need to look in the Great Lakes section too. I posted the link in the Turbo Trans Am forum. Not sure if it will get you any more turboBuick powered cars, but I tried. I plan to be there on the 13th anyway. All the best, Bob