Wont shift into overdrive???????????

bigal

i have a 2004r that is pretty freshly built and the car sat for about 6 months and now it sometimes shifts 4th and sometimes it wont fluid is clean,smells ok, and full, tv cable adjusted ok what else should i check, possible valve body trble. where should i start any suggestions please

when it shifts into od keep it at 50 and cycle the shifter back and forth between od and 3rd.the shift valve may be sticking and this will help free it up.do this first.

I am also having the same problem. Recent rebuild with Art Carr internals, shift kit, N stall. Wont shift into OD until about 65mph.

Thats just great!! Ok obviously I am not a tranny guy by any means, what is the fix?
Bryan

I am not a transmission guy by any means as well. I like out here in SoCal where the main Art Carr shop is located. Recently about 50%-75% of the work that goes comes right back with problems. Thats why I didnt have my trans built by them.

I am not too sure who is by you in the means of transmission shops but, if I were you, I would call a Buick transmission builder who knows the 2004r's back to front. See what they have to say.

I personally had Len Freeman from Performance Transmission Las Vegas build mine. I have not had one problem. Before my stock trans went, he gave me advise over the phone to prolong the life.

I hope your problem can be a simple fix. Nobody likes to spend money twice on anything if they dont have to.

Keep us informed on your standings. Good luck!!!