wondering???? N/L for L/U setup??

turbo96max

Guys Im testing waters to see if this is even possible. My car has a tranny by Ivan at trannytech in miami with a west coasts n/l 3300-3500 converter. This used to be my second car but now its my only car. i am looking to go back to lock up. Ivan quoted me $500 bucks for the new hardened l.u pump and the labor to install it, but then I would need to buy another converter which would be another 600 bucks more or less (thats pretty much what the one i have now costs) so thats $1100 bucks to get back to lock up. Now the tranny was built to take abuse at 550 whp levels, or atleast thats what it was supposed to be built to. The tranny is wokring like a dream, but with lock up I would get better gas mileage.Oh it was rebuilt and converter purchased on Dec 2006 and the car has maybe like 8-10k on it since then, most of the last year its been my daily. its got a tranny cooler with its fan also.

Is anyone interested in going non lock up that would want to trade setups?? anyone interested in a purchase perhaps? Other option since money is kinda tight is going lock up with stock d5 converter but im not sure how much of a pig the car would be with a pt54 on the stock converter. if so , has anyone tried a 75 shot off the line on the stock converter? :confused: :confused: