Witch wideband?

jay dcpt

Haven't had to buy one in a while and was wondering if there are any new ones out that you prefer and why.

I have the Innovate MTX-L and like it. Just put it in a gauge pod, no external box.
If you have a Scanmaster / Powerlogger you don't need a separate gauge.
I've also used it for a sniffer on a motorcycle dyno and it worked well. Other setups were slower to react to changes. Just my 2 cents worth.
I think there is a newer version that is supposed to be even better.

I will look in to that one. For this car I'm just looking for a stand alone gauge. Eventually going to install a power logger. I've been researching the new ones and it seems like the aem one is the way to go. What was the price? And how do you like the display on the gauge?

It's hard to beat for around 200 bucks.
Imho the last thing you want to be doing is looking at a AFR gauge at full throttle. You might think you will, but in real life it is very hard to watch that gauge while doing so. Logging what's happening is so much easier. Definitely get a PowerLogger and incrementally ramp up your tune. For the price you almost have to have it if you are trying to get close to max output.
A chip & logger from Turbo Tweak is almost necessary these days. If you can't afford it, wait until you can!

I like the Innovate LC-2 wideband because it has a 2 outputs you can use; 1 for the digital gauge that is included, and 1 for connection to an ECM or something like a powerlogger. I have used it on both my own cars, and multiple customer's cars. It comes with a free LogWorks software from Innovate that is a built-in data logger and is a great no-cost tuning device!

At our website www.boostedrps.com we, RPS, sell the LC-2 without the digital gauge, which is how Full Throttle sells their LC-2 setup, yet we sell the same LC-2 setup as they do, with the 8 foot length cord, however our cost is $175, compared with their $199.99..

Now we also sell the LC-2 WITH either a Green, Red, or Blue digital gauge for $199....so for the same cost as Full Throttle, you would get a digital air/fuel ratio gauge, providing instant readings of your air/fuel mixture.

We sell the MTX-L for $195, if you prefer that gauge setup as well.

Here is a link to show you this wideband gauge: www.ampefi.com/product/innovate-standalone-gauge-kit-w-lc-2-blue-db-gauge-3795/

I will look in to that one. For this car I'm just looking for a stand alone gauge. Eventually going to install a power logger. I've been researching the new ones and it seems like the aem one is the way to go. What was the price? And how do you like the display on the gauge?

For the price, the MTX-L is hard to beat. I believe Innovate actually won an Industry-Award for fastest sampling/reading wideband sensor system, which the MTX-L and LC-2 both utilize.

The MTX-L can be easily hooked up to your powerlogger, or Megasquirt if you ever went that route, and if you got an OT-2 you could even send the wideband data to your phone!

Plus, the MTX-L can be setup to not only display gasoline, but E85 or even methanol as well. Really versatile wideband gauge! Since my personal LC-2 was stolen recently, I'm actually going to be trying out the MTX-L on my car, instead of buying another LC-2.

Last edited:
Was looking at the aem 30-0300 x series. Been reading a few bad reviews about the mtx-l.

Look up the LC-2 wideband. It has phenomenal reviews across the board.

You sure you were looking up the MTX-L and not the SCG-1?
No I was looking at the mtx-l. I'm not saying there bad as I have never used one but just from Google searches and you tube videos of the best wideband out in 2018 the innovative stuff is to the middle or bottom of the list that aem one I mentioned is always at the top. But that's why I came here to ask you guys that actually use them. Appreciate all the input.

There is an AEM wideband with a failsafe function as well, which is pretty cool. The other AEM gauges can communicate over the CAN bus, which is pretty sweet for communicating with an external ECM.

The Innovative stuff is just a wideband sensor, unless you are talking about some of Innovative's multi-function gauges.

Innovate kit with sensor and Guage.

Attachments

• 8D33F629-24B2-4C60-A9FF-89DCC53CBDE4.jpeg
    8D33F629-24B2-4C60-A9FF-89DCC53CBDE4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • 17C389D6-1D34-421A-A85E-B7511E5BD283.jpeg
    17C389D6-1D34-421A-A85E-B7511E5BD283.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 81
I like the Innovate LC-2 wideband because it has a 2 outputs you can use; 1 for the digital gauge that is included, and 1 for connection to an ECM or something like a powerlogger. I have used it on both my own cars, and multiple customer's cars. It comes with a free LogWorks software from Innovate that is a built-in data logger and is a great no-cost tuning device!

At our website www.boostedrps.com we, RPS, sell the LC-2 without the digital gauge, which is how Full Throttle sells their LC-2 setup, yet we sell the same LC-2 setup as they do, with the 8 foot length cord, however our cost is $175, compared with their $199.99..

Now we also sell the LC-2 WITH either a Green, Red, or Blue digital gauge for $199....so for the same cost as Full Throttle, you would get a digital air/fuel ratio gauge, providing instant readings of your air/fuel mixture.

We sell the MTX-L for $195, if you prefer that gauge setup as well.

Here is a link to show you this wideband gauge: www.ampefi.com/product/innovate-standalone-gauge-kit-w-lc-2-blue-db-gauge-3795/

For the price, the MTX-L is hard to beat. I believe Innovate actually won an Industry-Award for fastest sampling/reading wideband sensor system, which the MTX-L and LC-2 both utilize.

The MTX-L can be easily hooked up to your powerlogger, or Megasquirt if you ever went that route, and if you got an OT-2 you could even send the wideband data to your phone!

Plus, the MTX-L can be setup to not only display gasoline, but E85 or even methanol as well. Really versatile wideband gauge! Since my personal LC-2 was stolen recently, I'm actually going to be trying out the MTX-L on my car, instead of buying another LC-2.
Have you bought a WideBand and Logger?

He's busy dodging all the people he's stolen from and fucked over at the moment.
LMAO Earl, you are so correct, so glad he didn't get me, wanted me to pay money "up front" for a turbo, said he had the "in" with the owner of Work Turbo, I told him if he was so "in" with the owner, build my Turbo, then I'll pay for it, never heard from him again after that. I feel bad for all the people he scammed and are out money, some people in the thousands of dollars.

Haven't had to buy one in a while and was wondering if there are any new ones out that you prefer and why.

I like my PLX with the multi gauge, gives you the ability to get multiple read outs from one gauge housing. I run boost/vac and Wideband on mines, prob gonna do trans temp also.

Didn’t he go to work for the company that started the fire and wiped the town of paradise CA off the map?

Pretty sure I read he went to PG&E in the post about the Scandinavian headers he was selling and some quality issues

Anyway still happy with my innovate mtx-l

Had to change the sensor a few weeks ago but was expected as it gets leaded fuel only